Okay I have my xmas cash in my pocket I want to buy lots of tools and bits for my workshop where do I begin?

Sawframe ... Basically you can purchase a decent one for less than £10 this saves you £40 by not purchasing a concept saw.

Needle Files ..... Packet or individual, personally my most used are as follows: half-round which is actually two files in one, one flat side
and one H/R (£'s in pocket),

A rat tail (tube like tapering to a point) ideal for making grooves.

A Barrette (looks like a squashed pyramid) triangular it's smooth on the top cuts only on the bottom.

I don't need a flat file because I already have one on two of the three above.

My top file that I use for fun is my 6 inch knife edge with a "0" cut , I could write a book on this file alone !!
Top Jewellery tool shop in Brum JQ told me it was an engineers file and they didn't sell them, I told them it was
a Jewellers file because I used them and they should (Arrogant I know) !! Most files can create tank tracks in your work,
it all depends on the angle they take as it crosses your piece.
As these files wear down the zero cut turns into a 1 then a 2

Ahhhh ! Buff sticks, don't get me started !! Why does anyone buy those stupid little flat pieces of wood with a government
helping of emery paper attached !!! (No offence meant) Get yourself down to the timber yard and pick some up for free
then pop down to B & Q and pick up some emery cloth (last longer than paper) I never go down in grades, my buff stick has
8 sides and is 12 inches long ×1"×1/2" so it has a top and bottom, the more I use it the more it wears down until you're practicly
using it to polish.(So now I have different grades on the one stick). The emery cloth wraps around the stick several times
with the ends taped down with masking tape.

The above is a very small selection in how I advise newbies (students) how they can save a few pennies and still get good results

The above is my opinion based on tried and tested experience, we all have our different ways this is what makes Jewellery so much fun.