Hi folks!

Anyone else get the 'too many great ideas' problem? - I mean, I literally started off making wooden buttons for my wife in a desperate bid to focus my mind during an awful and protracted breakdown (at her suggestion - she helped me stay out of the hospitals with this one sentence 'go and make me some wooden buttons' LOL!) with just an old saw , a drill and piles of flat sandpaper of all the grades - that and a few nice walks in the woods.

After finding spalted wood I learned about vacuum stabilisation, built the gear tried all the options I could find, found something that worked, buttons became carved wooden rings and I learned all about knife sharpening and making and made a few knives and spalted wood handles, read up on bladesmithing and forging, rings gained silver liners and I taught myself how to silver solder, which lead to learning to make silver jewellery, which started a fascination with lapidary, mokume-gane etc. etc. etc...

Stabilisation lead to resins and resin work/casting/embedding etc. and I studied up on that too and started accumulating/making the gear.

All these things and more - they just keep on branching for me - if I need it to be done, I want to learn and do it myself in most cases and then often become passionately fascinated, and all along all the branches that get me passionate about the subject, I constantly get new ideas for wonderful things to make and new ways of using methods, and again with the fascinating side branching continues!

Now this wouldn't be a problem to me, but 'I just have no money coming in yet' as a newly SE startup, and I am struggling to maintain focus on the things I am (barely) equipped to do already!

Anyways it's driving me bloody nuts folks LOL! Just wondering how many others around this place suffer similarly, so maybe I don't feel like it's just me.

Cheers!

Shaun.

P.s. can't wait to do some electroforming when I can finally afford the gear - I've more ideas for that than I have brain cells LOL!