You would never guess what happened to me yesterday. I was up in my spare bedroom making jewellery, well in the bathroom pouring pickle down the toilet actually, but there was a knock at the door. We live in a very quiet area (well at the moment as the university students are on holiday, so the place is like a ghost street). Hubby went to answer it, and it was my former boss. I loved my job when I did it, but that was five years ago, and since then I decided that as I was 61 I would retire. Anyway at the time that he made me redundant, I had previously been in hospital for over a month and was a bit traumatised as they were trying to save my sight in one eye, let alone save the infected eye, so after spending all that time in hospital being injected in the back of the eye etc. they decided to take it out as there was nothing else they could do. I had only been out of hospital a week and boss made me redundant, gave me a pressurised choice though, and to be honest I didnt think I would have been able to do the job anyway as my good eye was taking the strain a bit. I said yes redundancy would be ok. He only came to the door asking if I would like my old job back but on a part time basis. As money is a bit short as hubby has been off work for eight weeks with an old injury that he got while in the army, I accepted it, but only as a self employed and work which days I want to, which seemed to suit him fine, and of course to take my dogs into the office as I dont want to leave them at home for 5 or 6 hours, especially the little chewer (otherwise I probably wouldnt have much home left). Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know whether to be excited or not, will keep you posted.