OK I've ballpein hammered out my band and got a nice texture, and I've pierced my shapes that i want to solder on. Now here is where i have messed up, i couldn't resist giving one pierced piece and the band a bit of a polish up with rouge (just to be nosy y'know? new toys an all) Now I've realized rouged surfaces don't solder also the hammered textured surface needs to be flat too where i want to solder. The band needs annealing (which is prob not good when polished up with rouge either) will pickling before annealing do anything about that? or what about a brass brush mandrel? Or is good old soap and water enough?
Once I've de-rouged (don't have a sonic cleaner thingy btw) do i....
step 1 anneal & pickle the band
step 2 mark where i want to solder and sand all the texture away (bit worried about it becoming very thin, also i want to just solder it at one point so the pierced pieces stand away from the band when it's bent round & i'd rather solder it before bending)
step 3 solder
Can some one please come up with an educated solution? i'm obviously away with the fairies! but to be fair it's been nearly 20 years since i picked up a proper jewellery tool that didn't just involve beads,plated wire, headpins and crimp rings
ARGH I'M SOOOOOOO DITZY!!
OOPS P.S to strengthen up the band i probably need to rawhide hammer it into the curve it needs don't i? which i should probably do before soldering anything on at all? and i have no idea how to protect the textured side which will be on the outer side of the curve aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! sorry for being so clueless I've forgotten everything i learned