It's my Mum's 60th birthday in a month and I have would love to give her a fingerprint charm bracelet but the amount of grandchildren she has would make the price of having someone make one for me prohibotive! I did a GCSE in jewellery many moons ago so have had a little training in classical silversmithing, and got married a year ago and made my tiara and jewellery, made my mini me cake toppers out of polymer clay so thought maybe I should have a go myself.

I have read as much as I can about pmc, have bought the clay and fetched my tools down from the loft and I have come to the point where I have to actually do it! On one hand I am really excited by the thought of trying a new medium and on the other I am feeling a bit nervous about it. Something that looks homemade just isn't going to cut the mustard for such an important pressie and sadly I don't have the spare cash or time to play with the pmc in advance to get the feel of it. Eeeeekkkk!

Anyway, just thought I would say hello and hopefully I might have something half decent to show you in a few weeks time.

Lucy