I've just got my order...brilliant delivery service as always!! But packed with my package of goodies was a touch of disappointment too...

I ordered a cup burr to make the job of rounding off my argentium earwires less of a chore. I use 0.7 and 0.8 wire so I thought if I ordered a 1mm cup burr it would do the job with a bit of wiggle room. When I saw it in the package I knew something was a bit amiss as it was so small Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burr.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	335

I appreciate that you measure the size of all other burrs by the outside diameter as that is the 'business' end...but surely a cup burr needs to be measured by the inside dimentions otherwise it would be total guesswork as to what size wire would fit inside it.

What size would I need to get in order for it to work on a 0.7 and 0.8mm wire?

So that is totally useless as I'm not even sure if a 0.5mm wire is working in it...it is so darned small I can't see what is going on with my specs and a magnifier with a 1.8x and a 1.2x lens in it!!

I also managed to miss something off my order - which I am right miffed about...and since it is only worth £10.98 the freepost won't apply...mutter, mutter!!

Anyway - I would appreciate your advice about what cup burr I should have got if a 1mm will not work on a 0.7 wire....