At the moment, I’m annealing copper plate and rolling it through a pasta mill with a texture plate... with doubtful results (and doing terrible things to perfectly respectable, if tiny, copper sheets!) So, it’s time to buy a rolling mill.

I mostly want to roll silver and copper to make shawl pins, and using texturing sheets suits the market I currently sell in (I dye assorted fibres, fabric and yarn). I will need to spend some money and would like to roll a sensible width of plate. I was thinking about a flat mill mill with extension rollers to add the capability to roll D-shape wire. Durston make one that is 100mm wide with 4 D-shape extensions, (DRM F100 RE) which Cooksons don’t stock, but can order. However, Sutton’s stock the 130 combination Pepe mill (which my friend in the States raves about) which would work out at £130 cheaper, which would allow me to replace my pock-marked doming kit. That would give me square wire reduction too, but a smaller plate capability. There’s no other options other than smaller with the Pepe.

Or should I just start with a cheap Indian mill and work up?

Many thanks for your thoughts, otherwise I am clueless in Mid-Wales!