Thread: Where can I get....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Where can I get....

Green Topaz.
    My daughter wants me to make her and her daughter matching jewellery. She wants them with their birthstones in. Grandaughter is easy, hers is diamond. But stupidly, I asked my daughter what colour topaz she wanted, and after looking on the net, she decided she wants green. I can't find any anywhere.
    Any ideas???????

What is it you're looking for? Faceted stones, cabochons, beads, briolettes?

Are you looking for a faceted stone or a cabochon?

Try A E Ward in London. You'll need to phone them as Green Topaz isn't on their lists. I can't post the url because I'm too new apparently!

Phone - 020 7253 4036
    fax - 020 7608 2703
    email - orders@aewgems.co.uk
    Cary
    Love Your Jewellery

Ideally I want faceted, as I want to try and match them to the small diamonds I removed from a very old fashioned ring prior to scrapping it in. I did check A E Wards, but as they didn't list green anywhere on their site, I assumed they didn't stock it.

Quote Originally Posted by t1ggerk1ns View Post
    Ideally I want faceted, as I want to try and match them to the small diamonds I removed from a very old fashioned ring prior to scrapping it in. I did check A E Wards, but as they didn't list green anywhere on their site, I assumed they didn't stock it.
    Always worth giving them a call, they often have or can order in stones that aren't on their web catalogue!

Green topaz does exist but is rare and likely to be expensive. I would suggest they agree to blue, which is moderately priced and comes in three shades, of which the medium one, called Swiss blue is the one I mostly use and London blue is darker.

Below Is my ring with a Swiss blue topaz cabochon. The faceted stones are more sparkly. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Topaz Ring.jpg  

Steve Bennett (gemstv ) has a heart shaped faceted mystic green on the gem collector website and is probably a good source to find a different size and shape as well - prob the biggest stock of gems in the UK
    http://gemcollector.com/Store.aspx?C...Topaz&Items=16
    it's £14
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk