Thread: Hi From USA -Texas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Hi From USA -Texas

Hi from USA -Texas. I just learned of this forum. I"m excited to learn and share with everyone.
    And make new friends.
    Janetlee

Hi Janet and welcome.

Thank you,Kwant for the Welcome.
    Janetlee

You are welcome Janetlee. We here are kind of greedy when it comes to seeing what other folks do or at least like to know :0) So what kind of things do you do?

I work with glass(Lampworking), PMC, silver, copper, wood, polymer clay, seed beads .I make my own tools and findings for the most part. Some I buy. For the lampworking I use Oxycon and natural gas, MiniCC torch.
    I'm in the process of making another studio(My first one was a 12ft x 16 ft building). We moved out into the countryside. And I'm turning a large spare room into my studio. Right now I'm laying ceramic tile for the floor. Hope to be back up and runnning in July.
    Janetlee

I too just had my study/studio made over and what a difference it makes, previously it was two separate rooms but now it is one big one, having knocked through the wall and I love it. I hope yours goes as well.

Welcome, Janetlee, hope your workspace is all you hope for! I work in a bright purple shed that sits on the roof of our (well, his) garage :-) It's small but perfectly formed. I used to work in the kitchen, but people kept wanting to cook in there, most unreasonable!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339823690.324310.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	3665

Melanie

http://www.spinysharklythings.com

Anne, Your trip to Austin I hope will be enjoyable. I've never been there myself. But family members have , they say its beautiful down there, lots of trees and lots to see.
    Have fun while you are there.

Melanie,Thank you for the warm welcome. Your studio sounds wonderful. And I love the color purple and the picture you posted. Thank you for sharing it.
    I know what you mean about kitchens and people wanting to eat.
    Janet

I agree, that looks a fabulous purple shed Mel!!