Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paris

Default Paris

just booked up to go to paris for 3 days never been before so was wondering has anyone been and what do they recommend to go see, eat or shop!

I will be trying to find every jewellery shop (if the misses lets me) to see if design changes with culture will be interesting to see!

Lomg time since i have been to Paris but it was beautiful
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I've always wanted to see the Catacombs: http://www.catacombes-de-paris.fr/english.htm , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_catacombs but not sure it is everyone;s cup of tea!

I've been a few times... but many years ago, and like you I've only been for short periods so have had a cram packed few days there. I went to the louvre, lovely building, good to see the Mona Lisa but too much to take in really. Took a trip up the river Seine which was lovely. Went to the Picasso museum. Rodin musem. It was all good, but I'm a sucker for wondering the shops and markets and drinking coffee outside a cafe... that's what I would recommend!

hate tea and coffee :P so that wont be happening but i will be going to the museums etc and the catacombs look brilliant! i will be going there!

OMG I am soooo jealous. I have been to Paris several times. It's my all-time favourite city in the world. My OH and I used to go every year for our anniversary. We used to visit a beautiful jewellery shop near the George Pompidou Centre every time - oh and of course, we just had to buy something. It was sort of ethnic/african jewellery. But last time we went, after many years not going (since the kids dammit) and we discovered the shop gone. What a disappointment.

But there are so many places to see. I really recommend the bottom floor of the Louvre. It is all the ancient stuff, and it was gobsmacking to see how old all the well known jewellery techniques we use today actually are. And the skill with which they were executed with such ancient tools is amazing.

Also I loved the Musee D'Orsay. On the top floor they have a few galleries full of georgeous Art Nouveau furniture, and objects, which I find so inspirational. I could go on, but those are just my two favourites. Oh actually, there is a georgeous little market behind one of the metro stations. I discovered it when I got lost with my daughter last time we visited. Now can I remember which one? Just hold on, while I look up my photos. Nope, I have to log off and onto my account. Be back in a bit.

Linda

Can you speak French? The people are a bit weird in Paris, not like the Geordies I especially found the folk on the metro weird and found it best not to make eye contact Have a look up on google what's in Paris and make a list of names and addresses because a lot of things are pretty hidden and get a map. Everything I planned was awesome, you just have to find what suits your tastes.

...oh and watch it crossing the roads... they won't stop for you

Got it. It's the metro at Il de la Cite.

hmmm i cant speak french but will learn some phrases, but the french dont scare me at all.

and i think little markets are a must aswell!

and yes us geordies are very non weird :P

All Geordies are lovely... unless you go in Tesco in west Jesmond... thats like the evil centre of Newcastle