PDA

View Full Version : Combination rolling mill - testing the water

lancelothamlyn
11-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Hello all,

Despite not posting on here before I have been on here tirelessly and learnt of many tips and tricks.

I have definitely benefited from the wisdom on here and for that I thank you all!!

Anyway. . .

I have one of the basic rolling mills that is now surplus to requirements, used no more than 5 times, it was more of a workshop prop than anything else.

It has the 5 spare rollers for wire or texturising. I don't even think they've been out of their packets.

The blue paint has chipped off in places from moving it about before we mounted it to a bench.

I wouldn't want to take much less than £150 for it, for that money its a great starter mill for those that don't want a £450 durston.

If anyones interested I will get some pics sorted.

I'm in South East London and could possibly deliver locally, otherwise I could also box it up ... but it is around 25kg iirc.

Many thanks

Lance

Niamh
14-01-2019, 09:33 AM
Hi Lance,
i might be interested! x Could you please upload some photos and what is the brand name please? thanks!

lancelothamlyn
15-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Hello, not sure who exactly makes these mills, they're just sold as the 'value' mill at cooksons.

Jewellers sometimes refer to them as the Indian mills because they're made out there. A lot cheaper than a quality mill but still useable! The few times I have used it I have managed to roll out silver ingots into perfectly usable sheet.

Hopefully these images work. . .