PDA

View Full Version : CAD design/3D modelling

Shamsham
03-01-2019, 09:14 PM
Hi all,

I am looking to create a pendant similar to the pictures I have attached called Flowers 1,2,3.

I have my own design of roses but I'm really struggling to get someone to do the modelling work correctly. Does anyone know what modelling tool needs to be used to create a pendant like this?

Thank you very much

ps_bond
03-01-2019, 09:27 PM
Zbrush or 3DCoat. I might be tempted to model the basic shape in Rhino before exporting it to a more sculptural package.

Shamsham
03-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Zbrush or 3DCoat. I might be tempted to model the basic shape in Rhino before exporting it to a more sculptural package.

Thanks Peter - do you know if I can very easily take a 3D model in a zbrush etc. format to a casting company to produce a pendant? The ones I have contacted seem to work mostly with STL/3DM files.

Thank you very much

josef1
04-01-2019, 02:19 PM
I would probs do it all in Rhino , Zbrush has a tool that will export an .stl file just make sure you set the size options up correctly.

Nick martin
04-01-2019, 07:06 PM
As above.

ZBrush excels in organic modelling and also exports to .stl format.

Organic modelling is also possible within Rhino.

If you've got some fundamental modelling skills then this design shouldn't be difficult.to model.

Cheers,

Nick

Shamsham
05-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Thank you all for your responses on this! Appreciate it :)

josef1
05-01-2019, 04:01 PM
I have done a quick render I modelled in Rhino the roses were done in tsplines

Shamsham
05-01-2019, 05:16 PM
I have done a quick render I modelled in Rhino the roses were done in tsplines

This is much closer to what I was going for than the work I have already had done using someone else which was done using Rhino but came out looking somewhat cartoonish. Really appreciate that mockup you've done, thank you.

A part of my actual design is attached, the roses are a tad more intricately detailed I think - do you think these can be achieved using the same method?

Thank you

Also just a note - the initial images I provided came from a very talented designer I came across called Mikaela Lyons and I'm not looking to copy her style! I just wondered how she created it.

ps_bond
05-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Tsplines is great, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting updated any more (and Rhino's sub-D modelling is still a bit sup-par - alright for some manipulation, but I wouldn't try to do roses with it).

Always good to state where the images are from :)