PDA

View Full Version : Foredom hammer handpiece

Niamh
15-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a foredom pendant motor, and i would like to try out the hammer action handpiece to use for stone setting, and to use with a graver to carve simple lines.
Is there a graver attachment or tip i can use with a hammer handpiece? Thanks

china
16-11-2018, 02:24 AM
The tip come separate or in a kit and you will need to grind them to your desired shape as far as I am aware there are not any graver tips pre ground for the hammer hand piece

Niamh
16-11-2018, 10:59 AM
The tip come separate or in a kit and you will need to grind them to your desired shape as far as I am aware there are not any graver tips pre ground for the hammer hand piece

Thank you China, i think im going to give it a go! x

enigma
16-11-2018, 06:33 PM
Do people use them for engraving? Its a hammer action so I can't imagine it would work well.
You can certainly use them for texturing and James ( Goldsmith) has some great examples of different heads that he has made to achieve different results.

ps_bond
16-11-2018, 07:09 PM
I have the engraving attachment for my micromotor hammer handpiece, but I've never used it (Airgraver - why would I?). I know Foredom do a specific Powergraver; there's also the NgraveR (https://www.ngraver.com/) which is specifically for slipjoint handpiece usage; I only know of one person in the UK with one and they seemed quite happy with it.

Nick martin
25-11-2018, 09:06 PM
I’ve used the diamond tipped anvil in mine for texturing, and the bevelled anvils for stone setting.

Both work really well if controlled. I wouldn’t imagine it would be great for engraving however.

Cheers,

Nick