PDA

View Full Version : Lampwork beads

mizgeorge
22-09-2009, 09:38 PM
There seems to be some interest in lampwork beads at the moment, so I thought I'd share this link:

Glass Beadmakers UK » Links (http://www.gbuk.org/pages/links/)

Some are more current than others, but amongst these are some of my absolute favourite lampwork artists.

You may want to protect your keyboards in advance. There's some seriously droolworthy eye candy in there. ;)

Enjoy!

Emerald
22-09-2009, 09:41 PM
i have gone and hidden my cards under the OH before i look lol

kymbi
22-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Oh dear George, you are leading us astray....

I've got a number of these in my Fav bookmarks, but to have all these gorgeous bead artists readily available under one roof is a spending spree waiting to happen. Resistance is futile ;)

MuranoSilver
22-09-2009, 11:42 PM
Oooooh glass eye candy! (which sounds a bit odd)
so let me re-phrase that to Eye Candy of the Glass Variety! :D

Ominicci
23-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Oh No George what have you done - I've just weaned myself off that site...until I get my kit...

Boo
23-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not looking. Can't make me look. :-"

bustagasket
23-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I'm not looking. Can't make me look. :-"

*hi-fives boo*

I mustn't look either - as i now have more wire to order from Cookies and i just know whan i hit the send button i wont have removed those two organisers that have been sitting in there since my last order and i am meant to be saving for my bench!#-o

mizgeorge
23-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Su' just go and start a new basket - much easier than deleting and undeleting stuff. I often end up with several on the go at once. Somehow they don't hurt as much as having one great big one!

bustagasket
23-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Su' just go and start a new basket - much easier than deleting and undeleting stuff. I often end up with several on the go at once. Somehow they don't hurt as much as having one great big one!

One minor flaw in that solution george ------- I WANT THE ORGANISERS REAL BAD!!!! heehee:-"

The Dragon
23-09-2009, 07:32 PM
If you people don't mind I'd like to add a plug for a local lampwork artist in my area that I've just started using. Her name is Jenny and her website link is below:

Glass House Beads (http://www.glasshousebeads.co.uk)

She's not been producing beads for very long and is still very much learning her craft but she shows a great deal of promise and has had some of her training from Red Hot Sal.

If anyone wants to try lampwork beads but is a little unsure about investing in the more established artists, please take a look at her work. I don't know if anyone is going to Winterfest Art 09 at Thoreby Park on the 14th and 15th November but if you do she has a stand there.:Y:

Di Sandland
23-09-2009, 07:35 PM
No probs at all, Annie, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned ;)

bustagasket
23-09-2009, 07:41 PM
THey are very nice annie!!!

Emerald
24-09-2009, 09:40 AM
If you people don't mind I'd like to add a plug for a local lampwork artist in my area that I've just started using. Her name is Jenny and her website link is below:

Glass House Beads (http://www.glasshousebeads.co.uk)

She's not been producing beads for very long and is still very much learning her craft but she shows a great deal of promise and has had some of her training from Red Hot Sal.

If anyone wants to try lampwork beads but is a little unsure about investing in the more established artists, please take a look at her work. I don't know if anyone is going to Winterfest Art 09 at Thoreby Park on the 14th and 15th November but if you do she has a stand there.:Y:

She has lovely beads have added her to my favourites x

Emerald
24-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Just thought you might like to see some of my recent purchases the first two are by Julie Fountain of Lush Lampwork, George is showing with her this weekend so get your orders in and the others are by Becky Fairclough of Chameleon Designs (sorry still dont know how to put links in) Becky always wraps the beads beautifully the sampler set will be made into jewellery and the bead is for my new Jen Pind bracelet for me, not selling, keeping it for me.:dance:

EmmaRose
24-09-2009, 11:40 AM
ooohhhh looking at all the links and don't know where to start!! which are your favourites everybody??
Em

agent_44
24-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Just thought you might like to see some of my recent purchases the first two are by Julie Fountain of Lush Lampwork, George is showing with her this weekend so get your orders in and the others are by Becky Fairclough of Chameleon Designs (sorry still dont know how to put links in) Becky always wraps the beads beautifully the sampler set will be made into jewellery and the bead is for my new Jen Pind bracelet for me, not selling, keeping it for me.:dance:

Julie's beads are fab aren't they? I was trying my hand at Lampworking before I stopped doing any jewellery related stuff for a while (not because I wanted to, silly runaway husband :-p) and planning on starting up again when I have moved and can get set up properly. I was thinking about taking a lesson with Julie, some of her stuff is soo lovely!

I have always been fascinated by this lady's work: Recent Work/Sets (http://www.bluffroadglass.com/Gallery/album/Sets/index.html)

I can't say I like all of her beads but some are breathtaking, and she can often fetch over $1000 a set (which are quite huge, but still!) for her beads on eBay.

Boo
24-09-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to not think about lampwork, I think I could get addicted if I tried it, same with PMC.

I have one of Julie's beads on a necklace for myself, on a SowZerE silk:
necklace4368f on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/boojewels/3396276776/)

I'm tempted to take it off though and wear it on chain as it's too dressy for my usual daily wardrobe and I consequently don't get to wear it so much. I love Julie's puffy hearts.

agent_44
24-09-2009, 12:10 PM
That's lovely Boo, and the silk matches the bead perfectly!

Kalorlo
24-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Boo: oh wow, the combination of bead and ribbon and silver is just stunning.

If it was mine, I'd wear it anyway! :D

snow_imp
24-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Boo - that is an amazing bead! beautiful.

bustagasket
24-09-2009, 01:54 PM
those colours matche beautifully what a great find for a great bead :D

lesley
24-09-2009, 02:15 PM
That's lovely, Boo.

Aaahhhh, silver, glass and silk, the perfect combination.
Like Marmite, houmous and cheese sandwiches. :)

Boo
24-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I had the bead for a little while and wasn't sure quite what to do with it, so left it, knowing something would come to me when the time was right. One morning in the shower, I remembered I'd squirreled away those lovely silks and wondered if one would match. I positively squealed when I saw how fab a match that one was. Just perfect together. She could have dyed the silk to match and wouldn't have got it any better.

Emerald
24-09-2009, 05:11 PM
its lovely Boo, i squirrel things away to i think a lot of us do lol, i had some sowzere silks the other day and the one was a perfect match for the bead.

Pandanimal
27-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I have some beautiful SowZerE silk squirrled away too.
I know I will make the perfect bead for them one day.

lesley
27-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Just noticed that Diane's put some new silks up on Etsy today:

HANDMADE GLASS BEADS AND PURE SILK RIBBONS AND STRINGS by SowZerE (http://www.sowzere.etsy.com)

Get me, doing someone else's promotion. :D

Emerald
27-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Just noticed that Diane's put some new silks up on Etsy today:

HANDMADE GLASS BEADS AND PURE SILK RIBBONS AND STRINGS by SowZerE (http://www.sowzere.etsy.com)

Get me, doing someone else's promotion. :D

not looking, not looking emptied her shop the other day:-"

Di Sandland
27-09-2009, 07:14 PM
[:-)[:-)[:-)
can't hear you!