PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release handset to suit Foredom

theresa
30-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Hi Dennis - I see you can get one of the above from China for around £20 which is a huge saving - do you think they are any good? I can't see any difference - but then, what do I know??:confused:

Dennis
30-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Sorry Theresa I don't have a Foredom, but the Chinese will sell lookalikes for anything.
Be aware though, that there can be additional charges, unless it slips through customs unnoticed.

Fancy a gamble? Dennis.

china
30-08-2018, 03:23 PM
I can't speak for the quick release specifically, the H30 that came with the Chinese counterfeit Foerdom that I once owned did not last very long the bearings went in a manner of weeks
I never attempted to repaire it as i purchased a genuine Foredom, that was years ago and the hand piece is still going.

theresa
30-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Thank you - I think I will give it a miss.....

-Sally-
31-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Hi Theresa - I've bought a couple. The first I bought about 3 years ago, it's great and it's still going, so I thought I'd buy another more recently - just in case the first died. When it arrived it looked just like the first - but wouldn't fit and I've since seen a few reviews that have said the same. Luckily the seller refunded me no problems. When my original fake does die - I think I'll buy the real thing rather than risk getting another that doesn't work.
Sally

enigma
31-08-2018, 07:42 AM
I tend to think with this sort of thing it depends how much you are going to use it.
I have original Foredom handpieces and have to get the service kit and replace bushes etc about once a year and also had to replace the collett after 2 years.
This is no problem when you buy Foredom from Suttons but I would imagine its not as easy ( possible?) with knock off pieces?
I use mine most days though so it gets a lot of wear.