PDA

View Full Version : Is this a record?

Lisa Quinn
22-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I've just stopped working to take my lunch break and had a coffee and a hot cross bun, was just eating the last mouthful and it occurred to me ... " this is a hot cross bun, but it is only September ! "

Just thought I'd share my innermost thoughts, as you can see I am incredibly deep !

Lisa x

agent_44
22-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Can't you get them all year now, or most of it? Only reason I say is because I always notice them in the supermarket when they are "out of season", as it were!

On a similar note, I wish you could get Cadbury's Creme Eggs all year round!

bustagasket
22-09-2009, 12:22 PM
i think we have quite spoilt holiday fayre these days as most things seem to be available all year round and so they are no longer so special or particularly associated with their old traditional times of the year.

These days hot cross buns just seems to be on the shelves without the little cross on them all the time, and when not on a diet i love them too, but i do think we are losing a lot of little traditions this way

Kalorlo
22-09-2009, 12:44 PM
You can get creme eggs all year round, can't you? Not in such large quantities, but there have definitely been single ones for as long as I can remember.

*mutter* The supermarkets are putting Christmas stuff out already *mutter*

kymbi
I'm a big fan of hot cross buns and for these, I am prepared to forego the traditional eating days in favour of eating-every-day (if I could)....mmmmmm

I've just seen the first batch of chrimble mince pies - now they are getting earlier as well.

Lisa Quinn
I think your probably right Su, you seem to able to get anything at anytime now, but good news 44 you can get your Creme Egg fix fom November from this supplier - www.sweets2.co.uk - online store of -The Chocolate Shop (http://www.sweets2.co.uk) - enjoy !

agent_44
22-09-2009, 12:51 PM
You can get creme eggs all year round, can't you? Not in such large quantities, but there have definitely been single ones for as long as I can remember.

They seem to bring them out before easter in the new year and then they just last as long as they last. Unless they've changed it, in which case, I need to go careful cos I am on a diet, lol!

Yeah, Xmas stuff turns up far too early doesn't, but then Xmas itself creeps up far to quickly, we can't win!

Trudy
22-09-2009, 12:54 PM

My local shop has been packed full of chocolate advent calendars for weeks...do we really need to buy them three months in advance!!....crazy

Emerald
22-09-2009, 01:08 PM
The problem i find is if i buy munce pies the dates are to short and never last to xmas so then i have to eat them and buy some more and so it goes on

mizgeorge
22-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Lucinda, you need to look out for these:

Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted - Goo on the loose! (http://www.cremeeggtwisted.com/)

scrummmmmmy.

agent_44
22-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I have tried them George, for me, the creme to choc ratio's just not right. Not that I am fussy or anything :)