PDA

View Full Version : For those who don't know how to price their jewellery...

Ominicci
21-09-2009, 08:33 PM
With Love From Me to You (well Ganoksin actually - check out Dr Weiman's other videos on Benchtube)

Ganoksin - BenchTube - Charge More for Your Jewelry- Jewelry Making Videos (http://www.ganoksin.com/benchtube/video/265/Charge-More-for-Your-Jewelry)

:<3:

bustagasket
21-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Nic thank you thats a brilliant video :D

MuranoSilver
21-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I subscribe to David's newsletter and read his blog too
he's a top dude!

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Brilliant, cheers Nic :Y:

agent_44
22-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Ah yes! I used to subscribe to a Yahoo Group he ran, useful stuff, he's quite generous with his info! Thanks Nikki!

Boo
22-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I read a good rule of thumb posted in the Etsy forums some time ago - if you price an item and someone asks you to make another 2 or 3 of them at the same price - if your heart sinks at the prospect, you priced it too low.

I use it as a final plausibility check with all my prices now - and it was tested when I just had a commission for two more of an item (for a film prop, they needed 2 exactly the same) and a third for another customer who happened to order at the same time.

snow_imp
22-09-2009, 02:32 PM
I read a good rule of thumb posted in the Etsy forums some time ago - if you price an item and someone asks you to make another 2 or 3 of them at the same price - if your heart sinks at the prospect, you priced it too low.

I use it as a final plausibility check with all my prices now - and it was tested when I just had a commission for two more of an item (for a film prop, they needed 2 exactly the same) and a third for another customer who happened to order at the same time.

Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of. Just have to sort out the initial pricing stuff first.

Great video - I've just signed up for his newsletter.

aggi
19-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Very good idea! It reminds me of the first time I sold a piece and almost did not dare to mention a price and guess what? My client told me she had easyly paid the double when I asked for it! I am going to sign up for that newsletter too.

Aggi