PDA

View Full Version : Website stability

The Bijou Dragon
14-07-2009, 03:16 AM
Having ordered a rather large order tonight I was really perturbed that while I was checking out it crashed 4 times and several times while we were making up the order.

It's really off-putting when you are putting in your credit card details and it crashes and you're unsure if it has taken the money or not or if your credit card details are vulnerable in some way during these page crashes which I presume are outside the SSL pages?

We hope our order of £273.19 went through OK and that we won't be charged twice.

You have a great site with lots of invaluable items on it but crashing like that will lose you custom and after the second crash during checkout I almost went elsewhere myself.

Dawny
14-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey,
I had a similar problem not too long ago. Spoke to a guy called Adam from the web department who was really helpful. He talked me through my problem, helped me change my setting on internet explorer and it went through fine - not had a problem since!

D :)

apike
14-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Good morning,

Sorry to hear about the problems you were experiencing last night on our website. I've just sent you an e-mail detailing everything about your order etc. Please feel free to give me a call on the number enclosed and I'll happily talk you through your website issues. Just to reassure you we are working hard to iron out those occasional glitches which appear in our shop.

Apologises again,
Adam

Lindsay
14-07-2009, 09:43 AM
the shop crashed on me too about a month ago, spoke the adam at cookson who advised me to enter the website directly by typing it in at the top or 'google-ing' them as opposed to entering via my favourites and it worked a treat! no probs since. said this can happen if its been saved in your favorites for ages and ages, stores old info or something which makes it crash - i know this isn't a great explanation but i'm no techy lol.

hope it helps a little.

lindsay :cool:

agent_44
14-07-2009, 11:13 AM
I think I have been using Cooksons for at least six years now, and I have always had issues with the website. It's a lot better than it used to be but fails quite a lot more than it should.

The Bijou Dragon
14-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi

Thanks for your help I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. It was just a little frustrating last night as it was very late as you can see, it was a large sum of money (for us) and as always, while using credit cards online it's always worrying.

I look forward to receiving my order and dealing with you again :)