PDA

View Full Version : What a Rubbish Day!

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 03:24 PM
EVerything I've touched today has gone wrong! I've had to take apart a lampwork necklace because I suddenly found I'd run out of 1.2mm wire - I had two more beads to wire on and had a choice of 1.00, 1.5, and 0.8. As everything else had been done in 1.2 I was stuffed. Yes, I could have waited til I got some more but I'm afraid I don't/can't work that way.

So, I thought I'd get out the PMC. Well, its not something I'm gonna get addicted to! I managed to make a couple of quite nice little pendants but I'd rather be bashing things with a mallet than fiddling about keeping stuff wet.

Then the insurers covered me for 1 million pubic liability when I had expressly asked that my renewal be for 2 million. Me no understandy on phone.

Oh..... bums!

Emerald
21-09-2009, 03:29 PM
At the risk of sounding completely batty - we are just coming out of a new moon (that is the moon has been 'dark' for 3 days). This new moon has been particularly 'energetic.' So, yes, it can affect things.

However, until 29th September, Mercury is retrograde. This means that it appears to move backwards in the sky. Mercury retrograde is always associated with communication problems (Mercury is said to rule communications). Your email problem is very typical of this.

do you think you might have joined the merry band of everythings going wrong lol x

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, apparently great wisdom (tongue very much in cheek here) doesn't protect you.

Petal
21-09-2009, 03:31 PM
awww I do feel for you Di, its horrible when you run out of stuff, or things go wrong, isn't it! Those moons are definitely doing their thing, arn't they!

Have a break and a cup of tea and a choccie.... things don't seem so bad then - and have a big [] from me

J x

Bloody hell, you lot are a bit quick off the mark !!!!

Emerald
21-09-2009, 03:33 PM
i am sending everyone a virtual slice of Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate cake :dance:

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 03:34 PM
So, that'll be triple chocolate then? Make mine a big 'un, I'm bound to drop some.

Lisa Quinn
21-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Yummy, thanks Jo x

bustagasket
21-09-2009, 03:36 PM
bugger there goes my diet!

Sorry about your day tho Di,[[]] i am now settled after my hospital appointments today so i am doing a bit more to my seedy bracelet

lesley
21-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Why did you not wait to get some more wire!
That's a criminal waste and I don't think you deserve any choccie or cake. [-X :D You can make me a cup of tea though.

Emerald
21-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Su its virtual its fine x

Emerald
21-09-2009, 03:45 PM
That's a criminal waste and I don't think you deserve any choccie or cake. [-X :D You can make me a cup of tea though.

i Know, i was just about to offer Di some as a seem to have overordered then re read the post and realised she had taken it apart:(|

Di Sandland

I know your right - which is making me feel even worse about it all. All that wire in my scrap pot - except a few bits which are big enough to use for something or other.

Oh..... double bums

Boo
i am doing a bit more to my seedy bracelet
I'm sure it's not that bad. ;-) Hope your day went well.

The moon's still causing trouble I see. I just helpfully used my magic sponge to remove some black scuff marks on the kitchen floor - got them off a treat it did. So I just randomly scribbled away some more marks while I had it in my hand and was down there. It seems to have worked too well, I totally took the shine off the tiles as well. Luckily some elbow grease with a cloth brought it back. But that's half an hour on my knees I won't get back!

Who had chocolate?

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Hugs Su - bet you're glad that day's over. 'Medical days' are the pits aren't they. It never ceases to amaze me how many of us on here have to endure them.

lesley
21-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I know your right - which is making me feel even worse about it all. All that wire in my scrap pot - except a few bits which are big enough to use for something or other.

Oh..... double bums

Actually, I think I was projecting there 'cos I'm a terrible waster. At least you kept the scrap - I never do that.

Have a virtual hug and a little bit of cake [[]]........that's enough!

Does the moon make good things happen as well as bad?

lesley
21-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Freepost! :)

mizgeorge
21-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Lesley!!! Shame on you. I can't believe you don't keep your scrap [-X You can make dangly bits from it, or just melt it into interesting stuff - or if you can't be doing with any of that, put it in a scrap pot and use it against a cookson order.

I've had a crap day too. And I've got far too bad a cold to even think about chocolate :(

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Hugs then - I'm sure somebody will be around with some hot chocolate soon if you can't manage the real thing.

[][][][]

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Lesley!!! Shame on you. I can't believe you don't keep your scrap [-X You can make dangly bits from it, or just melt it into interesting stuff - or if you can't be doing with any of that, put it in a scrap pot and use it against a cookson order.

I've had a crap day too. And I've got far too bad a cold to even think about chocolate :(

I think I'll make balls with mine - an ironic comment you know

Solunar Silver Studio
21-09-2009, 04:45 PM
So, I thought I'd get out the PMC. Well, its not something I'm gonna get addicted to! I managed to make a couple of quite nice little pendants but I'd rather be bashing things with a mallet than fiddling about keeping stuff wet.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You're not whimping out on the pmc!!!!!:'(

And watch it with that chocolate chocolate chocolate cake ....you know where it will lead don't you Di...

Oh..... double bums

Yes!! that's right!!:agree:

:rofl:

bustagasket
21-09-2009, 04:47 PM
[[]] all yeah my hospital day was all ok just time consuming speciallu since i was the second person to be seen this morning but i was still an hour late being seen grumble grmble/

I cant believe i am only just approaching halfway on this bracelet when i have already twisted on 64 wires :( only 95 more to go :'(

lesley
21-09-2009, 05:02 PM

OK, OK I'll keep the scrap! I do keep small pieces just not the clippings but I can see that they would mount up over time.
Sorry about your cold - definitely stay off the choccie. How about a nice hot hot curry instead? :)

Emerald
21-09-2009, 06:38 PM
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You're not whimping out on the pmc!!!!!:'(

And watch it with that chocolate chocolate chocolate cake ....you know where it will lead don't you Di...

Yes!! that's right!!:agree:

lol Barbara, it was actually quadruple chocolate cake x

Solunar Silver Studio
21-09-2009, 06:46 PM
That would be double chins and double bums then!! :agree:

I take it you were just repeating the chocolate for emphasis...or....is there really a quadruple chocolate cake:-O.....

If there is...lead me to the recipe!!!:dance:

Solunar Silver Studio
21-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Sorry Jay.... the double bums wasn't meant for you!!! :rofl: I always seem to take so long typing that the post I'm replying to is off the bottom of the page...!!

So what is it then Jay?...The big four oh??

Emerald
21-09-2009, 06:51 PM
no really quadruple , a layer of cake, a layer of choc, a layer of cake a layer of choc and then covered allover in chocolate fudge icing :Y:

Solunar Silver Studio
21-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Ahhh! A mere babe! Plenty more good years in you yet:Y::-D

lesley
21-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I haven't had a bad day actually, not looking forwards to Thursday though, I turn into an old man. =:-O

Are you having a big "do" or pretending it's not happening?

Emerald
21-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Yes Barbara,

Although I am going to do a Joan Collins and take a year off, so officially I am 39. LOL

Won't be long before I am queuing up for Botox.:-D

Watch your language there Jason [-X

Solunar Silver Studio
21-09-2009, 07:01 PM
OOOO, Jo.....Choccy heaven!! Well, I guess if you've got to splurge you might as well do it with style!!! ...then pay for it later!! +o(

lesley
21-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I am not a fan of birthdays at all so no big shindig fortunately, prob go out for a nice meal with the OH then it's lots of meals with family over the weekend.

But I have been spoiled so I am more than content, loads of jewellery making gear off all and sundry, stones, gadgets, champagne, been great really, had everything already, i am so impatient.

Can you introduce me to that all and sundry - they sound fantastic!

Di Sandland
21-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Jay - four-oh ain't so bad. For me it was the three-oh and the five-oh. I have a pic taken of me the day before my 50th in which I look wonderfully vibrant. A couple of months later I seemed to look like a wrung out dish-rag!

Anyway, 40 is the new 30 (or something). My mum did the 39 thing and eventually she was younger than me!

fi79
21-09-2009, 07:24 PM
All together now............deep breath....in with the good and out with the bad. Cleansing breaths......ah s*d it....can I have a piece of chocolate cake too!!!!

Emerald
21-09-2009, 08:02 PM
OOOO, Jo.....Choccy heaven!! Well, I guess if you've got to splurge you might as well do it with style!!! ...then pay for it later!! +o(

i havent touched a crumb, honest

Emerald
21-09-2009, 08:03 PM
All together now............deep breath....in with the good and out with the bad. Cleansing breaths......ah s*d it....can I have a piece of chocolate cake too!!!!

its on its way i am told it is very good!

The Dragon
21-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Save a piece for me - I'll have it when my headache goes away :)

I should be alright I already have the double chins/bums down to a fine art:'(

Emerald
21-09-2009, 09:51 PM
lol Annie you and me both x

lesley
22-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I passed to the "other side" a couple of years ago and spent most of the year laughing as I couldn't believe I was 40.
You know when you're younger and you hear older people saying they feel no different inside? I used to think *get over yourself, grandma*........but it's so true!
I'm still wondering what I'm going to do when I grow up. :)

Boo
22-09-2009, 11:51 AM
What? We're supposed to grow up. Good grief, who knew.

My mother reckons I got to 40 and went into reverse. :-D

My grandmother, just before she died, at 91, told me that she finally felt she was old - she'd felt the same inside since she was 16, despite what the mirror showed her and it was literally only in her final hours she felt her age had finally caught up with her. I hope I get the opportunity to feel the same.

I'm in a bad mood today - a wicked bad mood that I can't lift - 24 hours and counting. We're supposed to go on holiday on Saturday, but it looks like we might have to cancel it. Short of a miracle.

On the plus side, I've knuckled down and got a lot done today so far. So back to it. I was just passing through in a refreshment interlude. As you were.

bustagasket
22-09-2009, 12:08 PM
What? We're supposed to grow up. Good grief, who knew.

My mother reckons I got to 40 and went into reverse. :-D

My grandmother, just before she died, at 91, told me that she finally felt she was old - she'd felt the same inside since she was 16, despite what the mirror showed her and it was literally only in her final hours she felt her age had finally caught up with her. I hope I get the opportunity to feel the same.

I'm in a bad mood today - a wicked bad mood that I can't lift - 24 hours and counting. We're supposed to go on holiday on Saturday, but it looks like we might have to cancel it. Short of a miracle.

On the plus side, I've knuckled down and got a lot done today so far. So back to it. I was just passing through in a refreshment interlude. As you were.

Aww Boo i do hope you are able to shift the mood, its dreadful when that cloud decends and you just cant find the way out of the fog, i know the feeling so well. [[]]

I cheekily took my seed bracelet to the hairdressers with me this morning and just my plier and a tiny box with the beeds and headpins in lol and sat that working on that instead of reading magazines lol. So today hasnt been a total loss :Y:

Petal
22-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Aww Boo i do hope you are able to shift the mood, its dreadful when that cloud decends and you just cant find the way out of the fog, i know the feeling so well. [[]]

I cheekily took my seed bracelet to the hairdressers with me this morning and just my plier and a tiny box with the beeds and headpins in lol and sat that working on that instead of reading magazines lol. So today hasnt been a total loss :Y:

Like Boo, I'm having a refreshment interlude.... and like to pop in and see what's going on...

Oh Sue, you mention taking your seed bracelet to the hairdressers and working on it - did you happen to mention it to anyone in the hairdressers? did anyone have a look at it?? now that was a selling opportunity - even for a shy person like you (and I)!

BTW, I did my first order on Ebay yesterday - for thong and it was easy peasy !!! If I can do it, then I know you can! :X

Jules x

Emerald
22-09-2009, 01:11 PM
the trouble is Jules on Ebay once you start you cant stop or is it just me i do seem to have a horribley addictive nature lol

bustagasket
22-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh Sue, you mention taking your seed bracelet to the hairdressers and working on it - did you happen to mention it to anyone in the hairdressers? did anyone have a look at it?? now that was a selling opportunity - even for a shy person like you (and I)!

Jules x

I actually took it cos i have promised myself that i can road test it at the weekend but am hard pressed to work on it this week lol but no-body asked about it apart from my hairdresser herself, and she wears really chunky stuff so wasnt quite her thing lol. Ho hum :(|

snow_imp
22-09-2009, 02:27 PM
the trouble is Jules on Ebay once you start you cant stop or is it just me i do seem to have a horribley addictive nature lol

Oh I know what you mean. Unfortunately I'm finding Cookson almost as bad.

bustagasket
22-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh I know what you mean. Unfortunately I'm finding Cookson almost as bad.

certainly is and i spend a bloody site more on cookies :-s

snow_imp
22-09-2009, 02:35 PM
certainly is and i spend a bloody site more on cookies :-s

Don't mention the cost! Ouch. But it's so much fun and has so many useful things on it.

I got my cookson account a few years ago when I did an adult education silver smithing course - then I re-found it earlier this year when it all got a bit expensive.

Lisa Quinn
22-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm totally addicted to Cooksons and the FREEPOST offer is killing me, I just received the order I placed yesterday and am already considering all the other things I "need" to order before the offer is up, thinking about heavy tools to save on costs!!!

Lisa x

snow_imp
22-09-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm totally addicted to Cooksons and the FREEPOST offer is killing me, I just received the order I placed yesterday and am already considering all the other things I "need" to order before the offer is up, thinking about heavy tools to save on costs!!!

Lisa x

I know, I just ordered 3 heavy things 2 weeks ago!!

Di Sandland
22-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Actually, there's an anvil I want...

Emerald
22-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Actually, there's an anvil I want...

and some 1.2mm wire!

Di Sandland
22-09-2009, 04:04 PM
and some 1.2mm wire!

I ordered that yesterday!

CDW Designs
22-09-2009, 05:50 PM
.........and a rolling mill I want.... just need to make that final decision!!!