PDA

View Full Version : Items missing from order

LeanneMary92
13-05-2018, 04:12 PM
Hi, I've only heard great things about cooksons but recently I made my first order and a number of items seem to be missing. Is this normal for them? I've emailed them but not expecting a reply until tomorrow as it's Sunday today and they closed at 4pm but it's quite disappointing that I can't start my first project. Also are there any other sites people can recommend to purchase bullion? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

enigma
13-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Extremely rare.
Generally if items are out of stock it will say low stock on the item and if there is not enough for your order it will tell you at checkout.
Ive never had an incomplete order outside of that and I order several times a month.
You can purchase bullion from Betts metal group but I only use them if its something cooksons don't have because 1) I don't like their website and 2) the postage is higher.

Dennis
13-05-2018, 06:10 PM
More and more I rely on Cooksons postal service. Never had a wrong order, once my basket has been checked.
That said, items on the website are sometimes in a strange order, or even unrelated, or come up in mm when you mean cm, so you need to review the basket before paying.
For quick attention I would phone Birmingham first thing tomorrow.

LeanneMary92
13-05-2018, 06:38 PM
It was a large order but it seems to be all of my silver sheet that is missing. I ordered some tools, different size silver wire and different size silver sheet but all of the silver sheet is missing. I've thrown away the packaging but now I'm really worried it was me and I threw it away but I'm sure I would have seen it if it was in the box.. I will contact them first thing and see what they say.

pearlescence
13-05-2018, 08:27 PM
They have to supply replacement if you say it was missing.

mizgeorge
13-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Silver sheet is usually supplied with blue backing plastic and is almost always taped to a piece of cardboard, though usually inside one of the endless number of plastic bags they seem to use. If the sheet is listed on your delivery slip, I would double check your recycling box to be sure you haven't accidentally thrown it away.

Like others, I order a lot from Cookies - often several times in a single week, and have never had an item missing which was listed on the packing slip, though I have had things delivered on back order.

enigma
13-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Sounds like it might be time to go through the bin lol
As George says, if its on the delivery note it will have been there, I have never known them to make a mistake like that.
The only mistake Ive ever known was a wrong burr sent once, they are pretty good.

LeanneMary92
13-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Our rubbish has already been taken!! I unpacked it all into my drawer quickly last week as I knew the cardboard recycling was being collected the next morning. It really does sound as though it's more likely to be me at fault though not cooksons. I guess I'm going to have to take this as a lesson learnt and buy it again [emoji24] thanks as always everyone [emoji4]

jengreenwood
14-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Our rubbish has already been taken!! I unpacked it all into my drawer quickly last week as I knew the cardboard recycling was being collected the next morning. It really does sound as though it's more likely to be me at fault though not cooksons. I guess I'm going to have to take this as a lesson learnt and buy it again [emoji24] thanks as always everyone [emoji4]

Hi LeanneMary92,

We would like investigate this further so if you have not contacted us already, would you mind sending us a message with your order details so we can just double check the status of your order?

Please let us know the order number and the items which appear to be missing.

Thanks,

Jen

LeanneMary92
14-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Hi Jen,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have sent an email to the generic address. If you would like this to be forwarded to you directly please let me know. Just so you and everyone else reading this thread is aware, the post wasn't to bad mouth cooksons, just to understand if my situation was normal. However it seems the majority feel your service is exemplary and I will be continuing to order from you [emoji4]

Thanks
Leanne
Hi LeanneMary92,

We would like investigate this further so if you have not contacted us already, would you mind sending us a message with your order details so we can just double check the status of your order?

Please let us know the order number and the items which appear to be missing.

Thanks,

Jen

enigma
14-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Its ok, I don't think anybody read it in a bad way.
If the sheet silver was larger pieces it will have likely been taped to cardboard and its always supplied in blue plastic sheeting as George says so it does seem likely it got thrown away :(

Paul Kay
14-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I have never had a major issue with any of my orders from Cookson, though a couple of minor gemstone picking issues recently have amused me. Today I received a packet of mixed shape emeralds in rather fetching shades of purple and a couple of weeks ago a packet of black spinel which were clearly, clear topaz (my guess). I didn't complain, since they were inexpensive items and will all get used, regardless of colour, and the errors were marginally pence in my favour. :) Perhaps a bit of refresher training on common gemstone colours wouldn't go amiss for the pickers, though the black/clear one is challenging. I live in hope that one day when I order Rock Crystal, Diamonds are sent by mistake.

Later...

Well, sadly, having said I had no real issue, I am now checking my order more closely, and find that for a pack of Emerald round mixed sizes I have also been sent Amethysts, and the round Peridot are distinctly Oval. Worse, of the 12 3mm+ Rubies, only 2 stones are actually greater than 3mm in size, regardless of the +/- 0.25mm tolerance they warn of! I had a feeling that pack was a bit of a bargain. I have never had this level of problems/errors/mis-description with a Cookson order before, but now I have the task of thoroughly checking 18 packets of inexpensive mixed stones to see what does/doesn't match my actual order. An annoying job to have to do , given the value of the stones, from a previously and rightly trusted suppler, which will have to wait until later in the week, else I won't get around to eating this evening.

Anyway, this started as a light-hearted laugh at a couple of minor picking issues, so it is probably a little unfair of me to continue my rant here when I have yet to do a thorough check and inform Cookson directly, as I am sure that once I have a complete picture they will remedy any issues with the order.

Paul Kay
15-05-2018, 12:03 PM
A quick Update - The issues with my Order seem to be well on their way to resolution, thanks to responsive and efficient Customer Services. Happy again.