PDA

View Full Version : Foxtail chain

AndyP
08-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows a uk distributor where I might buy some loose sterling silver “foxtail” chain please?

I’ve found places selling pre-made lengths on Etsy but they’re based in China from what I can see.

I’ve attached a photo of the kind of chain below, just in case it’s known by another name possibly?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180508/7ba49586f1996cd3e74f80bcc7186b75.jpg

Thanks

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis
09-05-2018, 01:17 AM
No, the last time I looked, I concluded that it had been discontinued in the UK. The nearest in looks is Prince of Wales cable, which is what I use now.
The good thing about it is that you can thread jump rings through two of the end loops and so avoid using chain ends. There are examples in my album. Dennis.

AndyP
09-05-2018, 04:56 AM
No, the last time I looked, I concluded that it had been discontinued in the UK. The nearest in looks is Prince of Wales cable, which is what I use now.
The good thing about it is that you can thread jump rings through two of the end loops and so avoid using chain ends. There are examples in my album. Dennis.

Thanks Dennis!

I’ll have a search for Prince of Wales cable then. The jump rings fixing to a clasp was indeed one of the reasons for my choice

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ57
09-05-2018, 08:10 AM
It might be worth giving Curteis a call to discuss options they have such a massive range of chains

pearlescence
09-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Since the chains on sale here almost invariably come from India or China it is worth finding a supplier and buying direct. Reputable ones will have chain which conforms to all the EU content rules.