PDA

View Full Version : Attaching pendant

NickD
09-04-2018, 06:30 AM
I've made a flat pendant which I don't want to have any means of attachment- jump rings- visible from the front.
I've been thinking about soldering a half ring at right angles on each side at the back but then wondered if that might be uncomfortable to wear. Any suggestions?
Thanks. Nick

china
09-04-2018, 07:54 AM
I don't see any problem so long as all is smooth with nothing to catch on

eekoh
09-04-2018, 09:07 AM
The last one I did was in this style and its comfortable enough. It obviously affects the angle the pendant hangs at but as mine was curved it worked fine with the design (this isn't actually mine pictured, I don't have one handy on this computer).
Something like his might sit a bit flatter if that's more what your after, and also much prettier.

CJ57
09-04-2018, 11:17 AM
I put tube bails on the back all the time and have used rings as you describe. Unless a pendant was really heavy there's no reason why it should be uncomfortable. Often worn on top of clothing too but absolutely fine

NickD
09-04-2018, 11:32 AM
I put tube bails on the back all the time and have used rings as you describe. Unless a pendant was really heavy there's no reason why it should be uncomfortable. Often worn on top of clothing too but absolutely fine

That's great, thanks everyone. I didn't want to do it and then find it unwearable. :o)

J Allison
09-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Hi Caroline. Great idea where do you get the tube bails from

CJ57
09-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Hi Caroline. Great idea where do you get the tube bails from

Just buy a tubing length from Cookson and cut to your required length and shape. Just make sure in the internal diameter is big enough to get your chain or necklet through

Dennis
09-04-2018, 08:57 PM
You can also curve them if you put a piece of well fitting copper wire in first and then withdraw it. Dennis.

JewelleryByMandy
09-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Some good ideas!!! [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enigma
09-04-2018, 10:42 PM
I keep meaning to get round to doing a tube bail, I really like the ones Caroline makes :)

CJ57
10-04-2018, 12:50 AM
I keep meaning to get round to doing a tube bail, I really like the ones Caroline makes :)

Thanks Sarah:) a lot of the time it's laziness and if they are on top they end up being a bit Japanese. I'm trying to be more adventurous with the new work for the Open Studio in under 4 weeks:/ but then like Nick I don't want to detract from the front. It is easier than trying to place to adjacent rings though!