PDA

View Full Version : New site

dealande
09-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Hi all,

First post on here :)

I have just finished building a new website for my wife`s handmade jewellery.

She is getting loads of hits, but no sales and she isn't sure about her pricing structure.

Could someone please advise on if they are too cheap/dear? She has previously sold quite a few pieces on etsy and a website was the next step.

Any critique about the site would be fantastic as well.

Site address is:

Many thanks in advance.

Iain

J Allison
09-03-2018, 08:29 AM
No Site address

ps_bond
09-03-2018, 08:33 AM
Because I removed it. The forum specifically disallows posting of links until a poster has enough posts. Trying to work around it doesn't go over well.

Further, pricing has been discussed at great length here; taking the time to read the posts rather than expecting unpaid consultancy from the get-go would be a good start.

dealande
09-03-2018, 10:02 AM
Hi,

Really sorry about that - new to forums :(

Iain

ps_bond
09-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Fair enough - I'd suggest trying to use the search function here or, if that messes you about try google but with the term "site:www.cooksongold.com/forum" as part of the search.
I can't remember if the forum sw is currently set to 5 or 10 posts, but it's there to deter spammers & SEO opportunists.

SICraftDesigns
09-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Hi Iain,

I think that the website can take a while to bring in orders. When I created my website it was a good few months before I got my first order through it - I was about ready to give up!

I think importing reviews from Etsy to the website was a big help as it shows that you are an established seller (I am sometimes cautious buying from online stores that don't seem well established or maintained).

The other thing to think about is where your traffic is coming from. I've signed up to google analytics which tells me where people are coming from. For instance I know that most of my traffic comes from Facebook and Instagram and about a third is organic search traffic. Keeping an eye on these stats helps me to know if a Facebook promotion is working or whether some of the SEO optimization I have done is making a difference. It's all very well getting lots of hits to your site but if most of these are from friends and family having a nosey or competitors that follow you on social media then this won't amount to many sales so keeping an eye on this can help you to plan future marketing strategies.

As for pricing, as Peter mentioned it has been discussed in numerous threads on here in the past. Maybe instead of dropping prices you could offer free postage if you don't already? I know I am tight and resent paying for postage when so many online stores offer this free of charge. The silly thing is I know that postage is therefore built into the price of the goods that I am buying but still, for some reason I don't understand, I will more often than not favor a store that offers free postage over one that doesn't.

arpan
25-10-2019, 08:58 AM
I think your website not updated and also not mobile-friendly, your product showcase section not so much professional look and my suggestion is you can build your site on professional jewelry website design company. Shopify is good platform but you make any professional company the build more professional way

Dennis
25-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Here is a link to one of our discussions on the subject. It is a recurring topic.
https://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4806&page=2 Dennis.

enigma
25-10-2019, 12:12 PM
The thread is from 2018 Dennis.
More importantly though , I want to know how Arpan knows the website is not mobile friendly since the website address in not on this thread :rofl:
My guess would be that Arpan is a spammer trying to sell SEO or website design.

ps_bond
25-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Well, as far as I know Cooksons don't ship to India...

Dennis
25-10-2019, 02:04 PM
The thread is from 2018 Dennis.
That will teach me to look

CJ57
25-10-2019, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dennis;105769]That will teach me to look[/QUOTE

Never mind Dennis, I read the whole blooming thing until I got to the spam post and looked at the date