PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Cairns, QLD Australia

Orph3ous
13-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Hi all =)
I'm a long time lurker, but virgin poster from Down Under.
I started making silver jewellery a few years ago, using seeds and shells that I gathered and processed. It's been a great way for me to just chill and de-stress from work/life!
I taught myself to wire wrap stones before learning to solder jump rings at the local lapidary club. Recently, I learnt how to solder bezels from watching (way too many) YouTube videos.
I'm always keen to learn, and share what I have learnt with others =) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180113/dde815bf1c6cdc6f5e479df3e6504e84.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180113/5432198a9859a6b49c951de2be9fd850.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

enigma
13-01-2018, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the forum, its always nice to see what other people are making :)

Orph3ous
13-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the forum, its always nice to see what other people are making :)Thanks enigma =) You have some beautiful pieces in your Etsy store!

CJ57
13-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Hi from me too and welcome.
China who is in Oz may be better placed to help you with your other post re flexshaft and whether other versions are available for you

Dennis
13-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Welcome from me too. Dennis.

china
14-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Orph3ous
15-01-2018, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! =) China, where abouts are you? I'm up in Cairns, FNQ =)

china
15-01-2018, 03:36 AM
I am in South Australia, South of Adelaide

Orph3ous
15-01-2018, 04:39 AM
I am in South Australia, South of AdelaideI haven't been that far south, but I've heard good things about SA =)
Can I ask what sort of rotary tool/flex shaft you use? I'm looking at my options but am limited with funding my (growing) hobby lol

joella
16-01-2018, 06:15 PM
And a welcome from me too - what a beautiful part of the world you’re from, went on holiday there once, Would love to go again sometime. Lovely jewellery by the way.

china
17-01-2018, 05:54 AM
Hi Orph3ous
I did reply however the reply seems to have disappeared, I have two Foredom sr's one is almost permanently fitted with a hammer hand piece, I did have one of the Chinese counterfeits complete waste of money ( not to mention theft of corporate design and identity)
Have a look here https://www.foredom.net/rotarytools.aspx just buy the motor and hand piece without the kit, you may find it less expensive even with post than buying in Aus a ridiculous situation.
For some reason the prices in Aus have increased inexplicably. This is my opinion AJS is not the place to shop there are many more reasonably priced resellers

Orph3ous
20-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Hi Orph3ous
I did reply however the reply seems to have disappeared, I have two Foredom sr's one is almost permanently fitted with a hammer hand piece, I did have one of the Chinese counterfeits complete waste of money ( not to mention theft of corporate design and identity)
Have a look here https://www.foredom.net/rotarytools.aspx just buy the motor and hand piece without the kit, you may find it less expensive even with post than buying in Aus a ridiculous situation.
For some reason the prices in Aus have increased inexplicably. This is my opinion AJS is not the place to shop there are many more reasonably priced resellersHi China,

All good! Sorry for the late reply, I've been flat out over the last few days also.

Thank you for the heads up on the Foredom site, it looks like the best place to buy a guaranteed legit motor at a better price than in Oz!

I inherited a broken Dyson vacuum cleaner the day after I first posted this, and after a clean up and service the motor seems to run well (at around 20,000 rpm on 240v).
I picked up a sewing machine foot pedal for $5, and have ordered a 240v variable speed trigger switch for $2 to modify into it.

Once I find a reasonably priced, Foredom or compatible cable and handpiece I'll have all the parts I need to put it all together!