PDA

View Full Version : PC virus HELP!!!!!!

Rustic Charm
17-09-2009, 06:44 AM
can anyone help me ???? on my home pc we have managed to get a virus even tho we have anti virus programme, it's "personal anti virus" my OH who is less comp literate than me clicked on it as he thought it was our programme wanting to scan!!! now i can't get rid, it keeps sending pop ups saying we've got trojans etc etc and won't let me uninstall it and has now hidden it's programme somewhere and is stopping other stuff from running!!!!!! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Di Sandland
17-09-2009, 06:46 AM
This (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-antivirus) might help

Di Sandland
17-09-2009, 06:48 AM
And another one (http://www.spywareremove.com/removePersonalAntivirus.html) that is less 'in your face'

Rustic Charm
17-09-2009, 06:52 AM
thanks will give it a try.

MuranoSilver
17-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Any luck Bridget?

Lisa Quinn
17-09-2009, 10:44 AM
I hate to sound doomy and gloomy, but my son's PC contracted a virus from You Tube that sounds very similar ( he also activated a antivirus scan with kicked the whole sequence off) I tried a million things to rid the computer of the damned thing and apparently all my fiddling only made things worse ( OMG this is a bit of a deja vu moment (see disaster thread)) and in the end a techie friend who works with computers all day, took it home and had a weekend battle with the virus, he didn't win and in the end he had to wipe the entire computer and reload all the the software. My advice would be do not fiddle, take it to a professional asap !!

LOL Lisa x

Petal
17-09-2009, 10:59 AM
We had the same problem with a virus about a year ago. Since we bought Kaspersky anti virus software, we've never had a problem. Its the only anti virus that has a manual, which is useful if you have a problem with a virus, because you can look up what to do without going online!

Jules x

Rustic Charm
17-09-2009, 01:18 PM
thanx everyone, i THINK i've sorted it:Y:, just gonna ban OH from using pc now lol! things like this is why my lap top is a no go area to him and my son!!!!!