PDA

View Full Version : best in the business

adele
13-07-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm new so still learning the ropes. Just wondered who were the 'best in the business' in regards to being the best stockists, product ranges, quality, service etc. I've used a couple of smaller outfits previously and have now come across Cookson Gold.com who are appear to be a big outfit. Would be good to heard what you pros think???

Lizard
16-07-2009, 07:07 AM
I buy beads, stones and odds and ends from all over the place but for metal, most findings and tools I've used Cooksons for years, never had any problems.

The Bijou Dragon
16-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Can highly recommend Cooksons :)

MuranoSilver
16-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I mainly use Cooksons for metals (sometimes Palmers)
I've always found them very competative and super helpful :)

Petal
16-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I buy from Cooksons, (good), Burhouse, Palmer Metals and Sutton tools. All very good and never had a problem. I'm keen to hear what others think of their Semi-precious suppliers, as some of my previous ones have supplied beads with holes not in the centre and have had to send them back several times.

Jules.

Ominicci
16-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Yep, Cooksons mostly - Argentium silver is fab, and wire 'balls' perfectly. Palmers sometimes cheaper for standard silver sheet and wire. Rashbels for some things - they have silver 'ribbon' with different patterns on (v expensive!)

AlexandraBuckle
16-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm keen to hear what others think of their Semi-precious suppliers, as some of my previous ones have supplied beads with holes not in the centre and have had to send them back several times.

Jules.

I found a supplier online the other day - I wanted some blue semi precious stones to make an anklet for my wedding day - they should be arrinving tomorrow *fingers crossed* (I got some gorgeous tanzanite!)

I got them from The Curious Gem: http://thecuriousgem.co.uk/
The lady I contacted there was very helpful when i had some questions.

Will let you know what they are like when I receive them.

Petal
16-07-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks very much Alexandra - really useful.:)

Ominicci
18-07-2009, 05:09 PM
OMG what a fab site! I want some smooth Labradorite briolettes but they only have the faceted ones. Must resist... must resist...

AlexandraBuckle
19-07-2009, 10:49 AM
I got my tanzanite briolettes on Friday and they are lovely - the holes are smaller than i hoped but i have managed to work around that.

I'd say in regards to the straightness of the holes, they aren't perfectly true every time, but it must have been quite tricky to get a perfect hole as they are quite small awkardly shaped stones.

I'm very pleased with them anyway.

Hope this helps. And yes, I favourited the website for next time - thought it was fab!

Petal
20-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback - very useful. Their stuff is gorgeous and very hard to resist !