PDA

View Full Version : A partridge in a pear tree

joella
06-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Hi all, here's the story of my partridge in a pear tree. I wanted to make something that felt a bit extra special - but how to do that within the confines of my current skill set - I decided to feel a bit Luxurious I would layer it up, and to add a bit of interest, use a variety of materials - so three layers of silver for the tree branches, brass for the leaves and copper for the partridge (yellow gold leaves and rose gold for the partridge would have been lovely - but not in my budget). Anyway, added to that, a solid hand made chain, and to finish off a sparkling peridot for the pear - the layers to be riveted together, all I need now is a handmade clasp - it's not finished yet (luckily the competition it's for doesn't need it to be finished). I hope it seems a bit luxy and special - what do you think?

joella
06-12-2017, 01:04 PM
I should have said, the competition is still open - I think the closing date is Friday, if anyone fancies popping in a last minute entry amid all their frantic Christmas work!

enigma
06-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Looks lovely Joella, do post the finished version too please.

china
06-12-2017, 02:26 PM
That's looking really good as said above it wil be good to see the finished item ( mmm! that mince pie looks good too)

joella
06-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Oops,the closing date is actually Sunday. Thanks Sarah, and china, I will definitely post once it's finished, it's been great fun to do, and so far I'm quite proud of it.
Sue