PDA

View Full Version : Weekend away - peace for you lot :P

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Yep on friday morning i will be bundling everything bar the kitchen sink into the car for us to go to our Bi-annual camping weekend at the BMF Show (British Motorcycle Federation) at the East of England Showground, Peterborough.

We meet up with our friends from 2 villages away and then travel up in convoy (me with my heart in my mouth at the speed Alan drives) and then stop off at the service station for lunch (my bar for me this year ) and then onto the showground, usually arriving at 2.30pm ish.

Normally the drinking starts the moment we go to put up the tent but i shall be on soda water *sigh*

Its gonna be a tough weekend for my weight plan but i am sure i will manage it. I could really do with sneaking in my laptray and these seed beads so that i can work on my bracelet when sitting in the tent, but i am not sure there will be room. I will see how it goes on friday morning when we pack the car.

I will get back home again at around Sunday tea-time so your peace will be shattered then i am afraid. Will take me a while to catch up with the posts i guess, but then it will be business as usual :Y: Just behave while i am gone AND YES JAIS THAT MEANS YOU!!! [[]]

caroleallen
16-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm sure you'll have a great time even without the alcohol. When I was in abstinence I did loads of trips away for shows and courses etc and most of the time I managed really well, particularly at the beginning. Just think about how well you've done so far and you'll be OK. Have a great trip and I hope the weather's good to you.

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 08:29 PM
ty hun i dont mind what the weather does once the tent is up, wind is far worsse than rain - we have a HUGE tent and i start taking off!! and with less weight on me now, you might have seen the end of me!!!

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 08:32 PM
lmao havent got into my leathers for a while - have draggin jeans these days, but then they will be too big for me now :D

And Jay i know you cant be good, its just not in your make up lol

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 09:07 PM
hey we are going too, not camping this time tho just going on sunday!!!!!

MuranoSilver
16-09-2009, 09:10 PM
lmao havent got into my leathers for a while - have draggin jeans these days, but then they will be too big for me now :D

And Jay i know you cant be good, its just not in your make up lol

I'm told Jay's very good (with make-up), feel free to pop over for a visit if you like
Nic xx

Emerald
16-09-2009, 09:11 PM
i am sorry but i couldent think of anything worse than a tent in September or August or July come to think of it have fun, would like to see the motorbikes though

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 09:15 PM
hey we are going too, not camping this time tho just going on sunday!!!!!

OOOO Stick a sign on your head saying "COOKIES HERE!" heehee

I'm told Jay's very good (with make-up), feel free to pop over for a visit if you like
Nic xx

OOO dont temp me hun!! trouble is it gets so busy getting in and out of the showground, once we are in we are kinda stuck!, would have loved a preview :(

Yeah Jais has a lot of hidden "talents" i bet!

i am sorry but i couldent think of anything worse than a tent in September or August or July come to think of it have fun, would like to see the motorbikes though

Its actually great fun hun, as long as its not windy when you put the tent up - if it is, then you all tend to help each other to hang onto the tents till they are pegged down lol

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 09:17 PM
what bike you got then su??

Emerald
16-09-2009, 09:21 PM
we are off to curdborugh in a week or so to see cars not bikes but just the one day and deffinatley no tents

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 09:24 PM
These days i have a Harley Davidson Heritage Softail - had to have it all lowered cos i am vertically challenged lol but i cant only just get my feet on the floor even now cos of the width of the bike lol

Emerald
16-09-2009, 09:25 PM
uh bike envy x

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 09:30 PM
nice!!! we have a ducati st2,261 we have took all the stupid stickers off now and have matching panniers for shopping oopps i mean touring!!! i did my cbt but never did my test, we've also got alittle honda that hubby uses for work.

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Hubby has a fat boy, i started with a kawasaki EL-250 lovely little cruiser, then i had a suzuki GS500S (unusual in that it had a full faring) then i got my Yamaha Dragstar 650 she was gorgeous, but then i succumbed and got my harley.

I dont ride much now because obviously she weighs a ton and with my back its not fun trying to park or paddle in traffic. But once your feet are on the foot plates she is a dream to ride :D

agent_44
17-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow Su, I never had you down as a biker :D

I knew a girl who was vertically challenged as yo put it, lol and bought a Fat Boy. She had to sell it because she was so small she could barely push the thing!

Have a fab weekend away, sounds like you should have a great time. Just remember, next trip you'll be half the size and can have a few drinks with everyone else!

snow_imp
17-09-2009, 10:20 AM
This is what I used to have - and I miss it! Had to give my baby up 'cos I damaged my back and can't manage the leaning forward. Also, I'm short in the height department so it was a bit too big for me :'(

bustagasket
17-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow Su, I never had you down as a biker :D

I knew a girl who was vertically challenged as yo put it, lol and bought a Fat Boy. She had to sell it because she was so small she could barely push the thing!

Have a fab weekend away, sounds like you should have a great time. Just remember, next trip you'll be half the size and can have a few drinks with everyone else!

Lol i dont ride often these days, but its nice to know she is there all uddled up in her bubble is i want to play. Yeah i cannot manoever her very well doing paddling when parking, the slightest incline and my back puts the brakes on, so very reluctanctlu and feeling like a total NON-biker, i have been known to have to get off and let my OH park her. So embarrassing!!

This is what I used to have - and I miss it! Had to give my baby up 'cos I damaged my back and can't manage the leaning forward. Also, I'm short in the height department so it was a bit too big for me :'(

I only had my sporty bike for a short time, as like you it really didnt suit my back and i was on tippy-toes lol. But she could turn on a sixpence unlike me softail lol

snow_imp
17-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I only had my sporty bike for a short time, as like you it really didnt suit my back and i was on tippy-toes lol. But she could turn on a sixpence unlike me softail lol

I know what you mean about the tippy-toes - the 3rd time I dropped it I decided things really weren't working out and I had to sell it.

I've considered getting something else, lower in height, but keep getting put off by all the chrome that seems to be involved - I can handle cleaning/polishing jewellery now, but bikes! Not likely :)

EmmaRose
17-09-2009, 01:45 PM
have a great time Su!
Em

bustagasket
17-09-2009, 02:04 PM
thanks hun, i am gonna need the rest after all i have been doing preparing for it today!

bustagasket
18-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Well the OH has just packed his bag so within the next half hour i will get showered and changed. Then we gotta pack the renault and see if it can take the weight f all the camping stuff lol, if the suspension looks a bit low then we will swap it all into the Mav and and use that lol. We will set off by 10 anyway as we will meet our friends at half past and then we will be off :D

Have a great weekend everyone, and i will catch up when i get back. You can put the flags out now :D

Rustic Charm
18-09-2009, 06:43 AM
have a good time su, i've pm'd you my mobile number if you want meet up on sunday just to say hi as that's when we'll be there!!!!

Emerald
18-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Have a great weekend Su looks like the weather is going to be kind x

bustagasket
20-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Well i am back now, knackered but back

Trudy
20-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Did you have a fun weekend Su?? :)

bustagasket
20-09-2009, 04:48 PM
it was lovely thank you :)