PDA

View Full Version : Parcel left in my wheelie bin!!!!!!

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Can you believe it?????????:confused: i ordered some books from amazon (yes jewellery ones!) earlier this week, when i got home from work today i found a "sorry you missed our delivery" card through the door and when i read it it said that my parcel was in my green bin!!!
i couldn't believe it, i went to look and yes there sat my books on top of my rubbish in my recycling bin!! how stupid is that!!#-o they don't know when my rubbish is collected so they could've been binned before i even saw them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 06:54 PM
omg i think i have heard it all now

Emerald
16-09-2009, 06:58 PM
this happened to me one xmas i had been waiting all day for a parcel cos it said it would be delivered but it never came, in the mornig a card had been put through the letterbox the driver had come so late he had put it in the paper collection box, paper.... envelope collection box i ask you ...........

MuranoSilver
16-09-2009, 06:58 PM
At least you rescued it! I got a few books from Amazon today too
Oppi Untracht's "Jewelry Concepts" book (goodness it's HUGE!) and The Art of Jewellery Design, Liz Olver
nic x

Lindyloo
16-09-2009, 07:01 PM
At least you got your parcel though. I'm still waiting for a few I ordered. No mail today at all....:(|

EmmaRose
16-09-2009, 07:12 PM
or parcel farce!! I'd complain! Smelly too :(

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 07:17 PM
love it!!!
it was actually "home delivery network". i have emailed amazon to let them know because they could be losing a few parcels this way!!!

Emerald
16-09-2009, 07:19 PM
love it!!!
it was actually "home delivery network". i have emailed amazon to let them know because they could be losing a few parcels this way!!!

they are the worst cos they dont want to have to come back :(|

Di Sandland
16-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Are they the local warty hags that come out in their own cars and grunt on the doorstep or am I thinking of something else. LOL

No, Jay, that's them. Unless, of course, you're talking about your meals on wheels lady

Rustic Charm
16-09-2009, 07:38 PM
LOL i think you two should do a double act !!!!

Di Sandland
16-09-2009, 07:39 PM
No, you silly old bugger, that was me when I came to call the other day.

bustagasket
16-09-2009, 07:45 PM
No, she is gorgeous, 73 years old, 3 teeth, a hair lip, sexy thick goattee, pattern alopecia and legs ridden with oozing gout wounds and a faint but sweet whiff of the post office pension queue......wooooaaarrrr!

omg i was sooooooooooo enjoying my shake til i read that :'(

kymbi
16-09-2009, 08:38 PM
what's a postal delivery????

In the last week we've had 4 pieces of post delivered on 2 days - there are 3 of us living here and 2 businesses run from the address :confused:

Boo
16-09-2009, 09:39 PM
I can beat that. We used to have rabbits outside - two large hutches within their own run within our yard. When the postie didn't get an answer, he let himself into the garden and put the parcel (Christmas presents from Oz) into one of the rabbit hutches.

By the time I got home - the note said it had been "left outside in the cupboard" and found it, what hadn't been eaten by Rufus was covered in rabbit poo. My husband was so cross he took the battered parcel down to the sorting office, exactly as we found it, and slammed it, poo and all, on the counter. They seemed to find it absolutely hilarious that we were concerned the rabbits might be damaged from excess Sellotape consumption or something.

Another time he just lobbed a parcel over the 6 foot wall around the garden as the gate was locked. It was a pair of binoculars - marked very, very clearly as fragile and containing glass - he was surely taking the piss. I didn't find it for several days (I never even thought to look as there was no card or anything) so they were potentially waterlogged too as the outer packing as sodden - luckily they had been packed exceptionally well and inside a sealed plastic bag inside, so hadn't actually taken any harm.

agent_44
17-09-2009, 08:21 AM
Crap, aren't they. I am lucky when I get a parcel if the mail man can be arsed to ring my doorbel, I usually just get a crad shoved through the door. I think Royal Mail must hate me, I am always complaining!

Solunar Silver Studio
17-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I hate to be 'party pooper' here peeps..as I have also had my run ins with delivery bods from all areas...but just think for a moment what they do do....and as those of you who are suffering by the strikes will tell you..having no postie at all to deliver your mail is a real problem! I would think the job of a postie is one where you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. If they put a card through - because you were in the loo or hanging out the washing one day, they are hopeless - because you have to make a trip to the sorting office to pick it up yourself....and if you haven't got a car and they stick a card through - then they are total 'morons'!.....and if they stick it in an 'inappropriate' place when you really aren't at home, to save you the journey - it's invariably in the wrong place (....is there a 'right' one??). You have to admit....most posties are very 'creative thnkers!!':-D

Most of everybody's post is delivered in time, in good condition and without us giving it a thought. My boys buy everything 'online', so most days I get a knock on the door and my postie hands me a stack of boxes (mostly dvds,cds, and books) - sometimes quite heavy - out of his bag...with a nice smile and a kind word. This is done in rain, snow and heatwave....and sometimes his bag is visibly empty when he offloads our stuff...and then has to go back somewhere to pick up the rest of the round's post! And he probably gets paid less that the people he delivers to.

It is easy to forget how much 'service providers' do for us and we do all moan about them but it is worth thinking...if that was me doing the job in that particular situation - what would I have done??

And there are folk on the forum, possibly even the odd postie, who do 'face the flack' from us, 'the public' on a daily basis and if you want to be reminded what it is like to be on the receiving end...ask Nic (Murano) about trying to apease the disgruntled customer!!!! ....she wrote a blow by blow description of events back in the early days of the forum!!!

I'm not necessarily suggesting you rush out and 'hug a postie today'[]<3<3....but.....

OK, that's me done! :o

....as you were girls and boys!!

Di Sandland
17-09-2009, 09:22 AM
My own postie is an absolute darling and regularly sends messages via me to my brother in Scotland, who is also a postie. They play a game of brinksmanship on who gets the worst weather. The very wet southwest of England or the cold and wet Falkirk. I think my brother wins - at least our wet is warm...

Solunar Silver Studio
17-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I bet your brother has some 'x' rated tales to tell about the Great British PublicToo!!!:-D

Di Sandland
17-09-2009, 09:30 AM
I bet your brother has some 'x' rated tales to tell about the Great British PublicToo!!!:-D

Oh, yes! He's a tad upset at the moment because they've changed his round. His previous round incorporated a lot of old people's places and he loved his oldies. He was regularly doing ad hoc minor repairs - nothing major, you know, squeaky doors, hanging gates and the like. He misses them and I imagine they miss him.

Solunar Silver Studio
17-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Ahhh! What a shame! I'm sure they really will miss him. I know I am quite sad when ours has a day off because he is such an upbeat bloke. I always find I'm closing the door on him with a smile on my face! To some older people that is probably the only contact they get in a day - so I bet your brothers little old ladies and gents are devastated.:'(

bustagasket
17-09-2009, 10:55 AM
I rarely have anything delived to the house cos i just dont know if i am gonna be here, so i always have it sent to the garage if i can as i know someone will be there mon-fri 8am -6pm which generally covers delivery attempts, so i am really lucky :D

Dano
17-09-2009, 01:22 PM
i think the best one i ever got was when i ordered a couple of games off amazon, no sign of them after 3 weeks so i sent an e-mail to amazon and they were all "oh, very sorry, we'll send out new ones" and they did. thought that was the end of it until a month or so later.

i was doing a spot of gardening, cause the dark recesses of that corner of the garden always get a bit bad, right up against the 6 foot wall up against the path that goes round the outside of the property to where the front door and the letterbox are. the strimmer catches something in the long grass and i look to see what it is, and it's only a soggy amazon box. :-O

both the games in it i ordered the first attempt, the postman* must have just been wandering past the property, though "**** it, i'm not walking another 10 yards" and just chucked the box over the wall, no card through the letterbox or anything

*i say postman but it was likely parcel farce, my regular postie is nice and very sympathetic to heavy cookson parcels!

agent_44
17-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I hate to be 'party pooper' here peeps..as I have also had my run ins with delivery bods from all areas...but just think for a moment what they do do....and as those of you who are suffering by the strikes will tell you..having no postie at all to deliver your mail is a real problem! I would think the job of a postie is one where you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. If they put a card through - because you were in the loo or hanging out the washing one day, they are hopeless - because you have to make a trip to the sorting office to pick it up yourself....and if you haven't got a car and they stick a card through - then they are total 'morons'!.....and if they stick it in an 'inappropriate' place when you really aren't at home, to save you the journey - it's invariably in the wrong place (....is there a 'right' one??). You have to admit....most posties are very 'creative thnkers!!':-D

Most of everybody's post is delivered in time, in good condition and without us giving it a thought. My boys buy everything 'online', so most days I get a knock on the door and my postie hands me a stack of boxes (mostly dvds,cds, and books) - sometimes quite heavy - out of his bag...with a nice smile and a kind word. This is done in rain, snow and heatwave....and sometimes his bag is visibly empty when he offloads our stuff...and then has to go back somewhere to pick up the rest of the round's post! And he probably gets paid less that the people he delivers to.

It is easy to forget how much 'service providers' do for us and we do all moan about them but it is worth thinking...if that was me doing the job in that particular situation - what would I have done??

And there are folk on the forum, possibly even the odd postie, who do 'face the flack' from us, 'the public' on a daily basis and if you want to be reminded what it is like to be on the receiving end...ask Nic (Murano) about trying to apease the disgruntled customer!!!! ....she wrote a blow by blow description of events back in the early days of the forum!!!

I'm not necessarily suggesting you rush out and 'hug a postie today'[]<3<3....but.....

OK, that's me done! :o

....as you were girls and boys!!

Oh that's all true and I suppose this thread is giving a generalised attutude but really there are points when the only service being provided is to raise peoples blood pressure! Parcels in the Rabbit Hutch to me is just idiotic for so many reasons!

And in terms of missing the postie, I have the loudest doorbell known to man, and I know it works, I have specifically waited in for parcels many times (over 10) only to find a card shoved through the door. On going to the delivery office to complain after this happening with a parcel I needed urgently I was told I was free to drive around the area and see if I could spot the postman! At that point I was glad of the glass window separating us, I was so angry I could barely contain myself, and my poor boyfriend got the brunt of it when I got home!

Kermit
28-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Just thought I'd add a note from the point of view of someone doing the delivering.....

I have been covering for a family member for a few weeks as a courier - for many different companies. It is a nightmare trying to get all your parcels delivered in a day. I do leave parcels, but always in a safe place and always leave a card.

My best suggestion would be to leave a plastic box, with a lid, somewhere that is easily found by the delivery person, but hopefully out of sight of passers by, and when you make your order, put in the notes that the parcel can be left here. (or leave a shed unlocked if poss)

This really helps - it means you get your parcel, the delivery person gets rid of it - and your things are safe and dry!

Just a thought...... :)