PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Charlotte
13-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Great to see this new forum, I've been using cooksongold for years but I still feel like a beginner. Good to know there is somewhere to ask lots of questions and help anyone if I can. Nice to meet you all!:p

The Bijou Dragon
13-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Hello *waves*

lynnm
13-07-2009, 04:43 PM
hello from me! :)

MuranoSilver
13-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi Charlotte :D

justlulu
15-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Charlotte and a big welcome to you!

xx
justlulu

Charlotte
15-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks everyone!:eek:

MuranoSilver
19-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey Charlotte
This mixed media collar in your album is GORGEOUS!!
http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=35
Do you wear it? How does it go on an off I so love work like that
it really shows that it doesnt all have to be about gemstones!!
(is that a fragment of music in one of the pieces?)

Nic x

Charlotte
19-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Nicola! I was my final 'show stopper' piece at uni a few years back now (when I had every piece of equipment available;)).

I used to go around all the local antique shops and buy old packaging, sheet music, Victorian gloves and little watch hands. There are also a few tiny buttons in there.

The piece is in segments (so that I could get it all in the barrel washer;)) so it will open out enough to put on (as each segment is slightly hinged), and there is a chain and clip at the back.

Its remarkably comfortable to wear! And I got a very good grade for it, so its a very nostalgic piece for me. Plus you don't really get to make ridiculously fun things to make after uni... they have to be things people would actually wear!

I have never worn it, and no one else has, its a huge piece and VERY noticeable, it would have to be worn to a big event not to look completely over the top... may be one day!

MuranoSilver
19-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Well if I had made something that eye-poppingly gorgeous I'd wear it down the pub
at least once a week (but then I'm the shy type) :D

Nic x

Solunar Silver Studio
20-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi there. I'm new too!! Just joined today, 20th July. Thought I would work down from the top and say hello to all the newest newbies! Look for ward to talking to you.
Barbara

Petal
20-07-2009, 10:37 AM
:)Wow Charlotte, your collar is absolutely stunning! I'm speechless.