PDA

View Full Version : My Pieces So Far

Emma Elizabeth
15-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Not been on properly for a wee while, but thought I'd let you look at a few of my pieces which are in my profile album.

Just starting out on a business venture.

Having a website made up and looking into business cards at the moment. Slowly getting through the set up tasks! I'll let you know when the website is up and running.

Building up my skills slowly. Recently I have sawed and hammered silver - see the Silver Raindrop Earrings and Necklace.

Looking into a technique using Polymer Clay, alcoholic ink and transparant liquid.

Quite enjoy Pearl knotting.

Some of the things i have learnt are self taught, others I get from attending classes or flicking jewellery magazines.

Have a look and feel free to leave any comments

Thanks xx

MuranoSilver
15-09-2009, 07:41 PM
:welcome: to the forum
Like the raindrop necklace and the sweet dolly piece is really cute!
nic x

Kalorlo
15-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi Emma!

The silver raindrops are very nice and I really like the colours in Polish Surprise.

bustagasket
15-09-2009, 08:01 PM
think my fav is the pearl and crystal bracelet :D

mizgeorge
15-09-2009, 08:01 PM
I also like the silver raindrops and lariat :)

I did notice on some of the others (particularly the earrings) that there are some turned loops that could do with a little more work - this tends to show up even more in photos than for real, so it's all the more important to get it right if you're planning to sell online. It's really worth practicing getting perfect 'lollipop' rather than p shaped loops, and making sure that they close up to the other side of the wire. Same applies to wrapped loops, where it always looks a lot neater if all the wraps have the same number of turns and the ends are perfectly tucked in.

caroleallen
15-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi Emma and welcome.

I always think doing perfect wire loops is one of the most difficult things to perfect. It looks so simple but it really isn't. It took me ages before I could get it right and it still sometimes goes wrong.

Solunar Silver Studio
15-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Best of luck with the business venture Emma...I just started in July and I am just not keeping up with my business plan!! Everything takes so much longer than you would ever imagine when you have to do it all yourself...and then the customers don't turn up in their droves like you had planned either!! Roll on Christmas is all I can say!!

I see you have been doing some wire wrapping on your beads...I have been forcing myself to practice that too...I'm determined to get it right...It really takes some practice but it's worth doing...

Is Mackenzie your daughter?? I bet she loved the Pink Rock Princess!!

Oh! :welcome: to the forum by the way!!!!

Ominicci
16-09-2009, 08:20 AM
:welcome: Hello Emma!

I like the raindrops too and notice that you have found some lovely glass beads to work with!

agent_44
16-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Some very pretty pieces there, the Sweet Dolly Necklace is very cool!

EmmaRose
16-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Like the hammer and piercing work on the silver rain. I agree with George about the loops, devil is in the detail (and yes mine still go wrong sometimes too!). Like the rock princess necklace and the dolly mixtures.
Em

Emma Elizabeth
23-09-2009, 07:35 AM
I also like the silver raindrops and lariat :)

I did notice on some of the others (particularly the earrings) that there are some turned loops that could do with a little more work - this tends to show up even more in photos than for real, so it's all the more important to get it right if you're planning to sell online. It's really worth practicing getting perfect 'lollipop' rather than p shaped loops, and making sure that they close up to the other side of the wire. Same applies to wrapped loops, where it always looks a lot neater if all the wraps have the same number of turns and the ends are perfectly tucked in.

Thanks for the tips George!!

Emma Elizabeth
23-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Best of luck with the business venture Emma...I just started in July and I am just not keeping up with my business plan!! Everything takes so much longer than you would ever imagine when you have to do it all yourself...and then the customers don't turn up in their droves like you had planned either!! Roll on Christmas is all I can say!!

I see you have been doing some wire wrapping on your beads...I have been forcing myself to practice that too...I'm determined to get it right...It really takes some practice but it's worth doing...

Is Mackenzie your daughter?? I bet she loved the Pink Rock Princess!!

Oh! :welcome: to the forum by the way!!!!

Yes still lots to do but really want to get it right and want to have a collection ready to go when I go live!

Mackenzie isn't my Daughter but a work collegue. It was a present for her birthday and she loved it!

Wire wrapping - yes just one of these things that needs a wee bit of work, but we'll get there!!

Emma Elizabeth
23-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for all the lovely comments and the tips too!![[]]