PDA

View Full Version : Heyaa!

Ashley
31-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Hallo everyone, i just wanted to stop by and say Hello. Thanks for having me! and i look forward to bumping into some of you in the various chats :)

Ashley
02-08-2017, 08:52 AM
I guess no one wants to say Hi back? :~:

Dennis
02-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Him Ashley,
Welcome to the forum. Ask a jewellery related question, or show us some work and we'll be on it like a flash.
Ask about wine production and we'll be like Duh?
That said, some wines I know would make a brilliant safety pickle. Dennis.

Geoff
02-08-2017, 10:24 AM
hello Ashley, and welcome. :welcome:

CJ57
02-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Hi Ashley, I guess everyone is lucky to be on holiday or beavering away in the workshop

ps_bond
02-08-2017, 10:53 AM
That said, some wines I know would make a brilliant safety pickle. Dennis.

Verdigris too.

Ceri
02-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the forum. I saw your post the other day and though I should respond and say hello but then I was interrupted by one of my children and forgot so apologies for not welcoming you sooner but sometimes, real life gets in the way! I hope you find the forum helpful and look forward to running into to you on the message boards.

Best wishes,
Ceri.

Snorkmaiden
03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Hi Ashley.
What do you like making?

Ashley
07-08-2017, 07:09 AM
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the forum. I saw your post the other day and though I should respond and say hello but then I was interrupted by one of my children and forgot so apologies for not welcoming you sooner but sometimes, real life gets in the way! I hope you find the forum helpful and look forward to running into to you on the message boards.

Best wishes,
Ceri.

No probs dear!

Ashley
07-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Thanks for welcoming me here...and again, thanks for having me :~:

ps_bond
07-08-2017, 07:24 AM
A question for you - why have you listed your location as Birmingham, when it is quite clear you are not there? Instead, you appear to be using a VPN to obfuscate your IP address.
Also interesting to note that your avatar is a picture of Hayley Williams; while the forum rules don't prohibit it, it's a frequent tactic used by spammers.

I'd greatly appreciate you showing us what jewellery you make so that my suspicions can be allayed.

CJ57
07-08-2017, 10:43 AM
A question for you - why have you listed your location as Birmingham, when it is quite clear you are not there? Instead, you appear to be using a VPN to obfuscate your IP address.
Also interesting to note that your avatar is a picture of Hayley Williams; while the forum rules don't prohibit it, it's a frequent tactic used by spammers.

I'd greatly appreciate you showing us what jewellery you make so that my suspicions can be allayed.

I noticed there was also a Skype link that I'd never noticed on a post before, is that a new thing?

ps_bond
07-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Nah, not new AFAIK - if you put a Skype address in your profile it'll display it as an option on posts.

CJ57
07-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I get some very nice emails from Amazon.com which start with Hello dear. I don't think anyone has called me Dear since my Mum died 20 years ago

Ashley
08-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Nah, not new AFAIK - if you put a Skype address in your profile it'll display it as an option on posts.

What does this mean..when you say " it'll display as an option on posts" because i am not active on skype.

ps_bond
08-08-2017, 07:52 AM
It's because you have put details in for both Yahoo and Skype in your profile.

Still not answering what's been put to you, I note.

Sandra
09-08-2017, 06:45 AM
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but what is the point in spamming a jewellery making forum?

ps_bond
09-08-2017, 08:51 AM
SEO sometimes; sometimes more blatant attempts to advertise mass-produced stuff.

Given my tending-towards-zero tolerance approach to spammers, there's not much point here (but they still try). There's usually some red flags get raised; a few and I'll ask. Too many and I'll delete them. Here, I've got 5 to work with - no obvious jewellery content, use of VPN to mask location, use of a famous person/model as avatar, zero-content posts ("me too" style of thing) and some of the language used. None of these bode well.

CJ57
09-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm impresse that you knew who the photo was of Peter, I've never heard of Hayley Williams!

ps_bond
09-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Google image search :D

Ashley
09-08-2017, 12:21 PM

Oh wow. Yes i live in Birmingham but i am currently on vacation and Yes i do love Hayley Williams and Yes i am new to jewellery making. Thanks for spoiling my entire week!

ps_bond
09-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Still no satisfactory answers, unfortunately - so between that & breaching the rules on being rude "Ashley" won't be bothering people any further.
If it looks like a duck & swims like a duck...