PDA

View Full Version : let's talk about difficult customers

joyerico
18-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Hi everybody,

I have had to deal with a "funny" complaint of a customer about a broken bracelet. Did you know that a bracelet, done from a 1.25 thick solid sterling silver sheet cut to size, can be broken by "normal use"? "just a few times" .... It's funny, because breaking a 1.25 sterling silver sheet by putting it on/off takes some muscle. Even hammering it and bending until you break it would require a a good effort.

Best of all,the customer has even sent a photo where the bracelet is seen broken by the middle and totally flat instead of having a C-Shape.

But is not the first time i go across something like this. Months ago "the engraving is totally missing bla blah". I asked for a photo, and i'm still awaiting. I guess he doesn't have a smartphone ...

So, the question, what are the most pointless, fake, ridiculous complaints you have ever had and how you deal with them?

Cheers,
Eduardo.

theresa
19-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Was it an open cuff by any chance? I always give written instructions on how to put on/remove them because most people pull them open and then squeeze them to fit. Obviously over time the metal will stress and crack.

joyerico
19-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Yes, was open.

I have instructions on how to measure your wrist, how to choose the the right size, how to clean it, ... And even having this all, i always end up being asked the same size questions.

I see i will have to add a few more never-read chapters :)