PDA

View Full Version : Gemstone bezel charm

PNDesigns
11-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Hello,

I would appreciate any help in making gemstone bezel charm setting, picture attached.
Is there something called channel wire available for this purpose? If not, how can it be fabricated?

Thank you.
Cheers, Padmini

Dennis
12-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Hi PND,

Cookson do sell Wraptite findings for this: http://www.cooksongold.com/category_select.jsp?channel=uk&query=wraptite+findings,

Or you could make a bezel, add jump rings and a back plate and cut out the centre. Dennis.

PNDesigns
12-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Hello Dennis, thank you for the reply.

I have known about Wraptite thank you but I wanted to make it from scratch.
These stones are faceted on both the sides and after looking at several pictures of these bezel connectors it seems to be have been made of channel wire like this one
Is is possible to make this channel wire or buy it somewhere?
Thanks
Cheers,
Padmini

Dennis
12-07-2017, 09:52 AM
No, it used t be available from Blundells many years ago, but I have not seen it recently.

However it is possible with annealed fine silver strip, to insert the stone and set both sides.

Just the same it would be far easier to make a bezel and as suggested above use a back plate with most of it cut away, leaving a narrow ledge as a bearer.

Alternatively you can raise some grains inside with a scorper to act as bearer, or make a shallower second bezel to fit inside. This one would not need the pointy bit, to make it easier to insert. Dennis.

PNDesigns
12-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Thank you for all the tips Dennis, it was very helpful :)