PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Chesterfield

Lisa Quinn
15-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Lisa , I have been making silver jewellery (mainly rings, but have now started to do more earrings and pendants) for nearly two years, I am mainly self taught (there are loads of tragic pieces hidden away in a box that show all my learning errors! ). I am so impressed with all of your work that I feel quite priviliged to be joining such a talented crowd, of course I belong to the JasonJohn Fan club and can't wait until he runs his first stone setting course ( I am firmly stuck in the "bezel only" camp), I'll be one of the first to sign up.

EmmaRose
15-09-2009, 03:36 PM
:welcome: Lisa!
We love our Jason :D
look forward to seeing your work. I have boxes full of stuff I cringe at now LOL ;)
Em

bustagasket
15-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the forums Lisa, pull up a chair, lots of help here :D:~:

agent_44
15-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Lisa and welcome :) I am bezel only too at the moment, lol!

lorraineflee
15-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Lisa, welcome from me too :welcome:
Lorraine

mizgeorge
15-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi Lisa, and a very warm welcome from me as well :)

I think I may be president of the fan club - our Jason has achieved more in a matter of months than I seem to have in years! Clearly a natural :)

Di Sandland
15-09-2009, 04:01 PM
I think its all about forming an orderly queue for the JJ fan club - and better bring a camp bed and primus stove!

Welcome!

Emerald
15-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi Lisa welcome to the forum, i like to take my tragic pieces to the scrap merchant and they turn it into lovely shiney new metal for me

Solunar Silver Studio
15-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Lisa:~:. :welcome: to the forum. I'm afraid some of us aren't even in the 'bezel camp' yet!! The thought of handling tiny little stones leaves me all weak. I'd need to be working with something of the 4 or 5 carat size to have a hope of not losing it!!:-D Me ...clumsy....nah!!!:D

MuranoSilver
15-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Lisa
:welcome: to the forum, I'm in the JJ fan club as my affections can be bought for food and apparently Su's cooking :)
Nic x

Ominicci
15-09-2009, 04:33 PM
:~: Hello Lisa. Hmmm tragic pieces...I may have one or two. But am waiting for the courage to try casting on my own (without tutor or school studio flame thrower torch!) so they continue to exist for a while!

Lisa Quinn
15-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the lovely welcome - I'm afraid I'm a rubbish cook and I'm not a camp bed kinda girl, so I'll just have to wait until Jason starts running one day courses in stonesetting and get my cheque book out !

snow_imp
16-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi and welcome

I haven't made it past the wire and beads stage myself :)

So I'm in awe of anyone who works with the sheet metal etc.