PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Resin in Delft clay?

Molder
27-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Hello. Just a quick question. Will clear resin work ok in Delft clay? I dont want to use molten metal for this paticular project. The reason I want to use Delft clay is for the fine detail etc.

ps_bond
27-06-2017, 12:55 PM
A silicone mould would be a better solution - resin is going to stick to the clay (assuming it doesn't have any interactions preventing it hardening...) and require more cleanup.

LydiaNiz
27-06-2017, 01:41 PM
You can buy that two part mould making goo - have had goid results with resin

Dennis
27-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Delft clay is basically wet sand, so it will bond to resin creating a fancy nail file, that is if it isn't too viscous to pour in the first place.

If you browse here you can buy what takes your fancy: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=silicone+mould+material+for+resin&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=_HRSWfjwCbSk8wfmxaeoBg

It needs to be confined in some sort of frame or box. Dennis.

Molder
27-06-2017, 06:14 PM
A silicone mould would be a better solution - resin is going to stick to the clay (assuming it doesn't have any interactions preventing it hardening...) and require more cleanup.I have made a silicon mold but it did not tirn out as well as id hoped.

enigma
27-06-2017, 11:42 PM
How about modelling clay?

josef1
28-06-2017, 08:07 AM
I wonder if a vulcanised mould would work if you sprayed it with lots of release spray ?