PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Anna
07-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

After lurking on the forum for a while - feeling a bit shy - but benefiting from all the information available, I thought it was only fair to jump in and contribute in some way. I can't claim any expertise, as I am about 90 percent self-taught - my box of shame is large indeed! But I hope I can share with and continue to learn from everyone here!

See you on the boards :D

Anna

china
08-06-2017, 05:33 AM
Welcome Anna expertise does not only come from formal education, many self taught people produce very high quality items, don't worry we all have s large
box of shame we just don't talk about it, a box of shame is useful gives you a source of scrap to melt down and make more mistakes

LydiaNiz
08-06-2017, 10:01 AM
Hi Anna, another self taught one here. Look forward to seeing what you make!

Dennis
08-06-2017, 10:39 AM
There was a time, when silver was cheaper and I was reluctant to do everything in a base metal first.
Now my experiments are done in copper and my box of shame is substantially reduced. Welcome to the forum and keep posting. Dennis.

Snorkmaiden
08-06-2017, 06:48 PM
Never thought of it as a box of shame. Feeling bad now. Must melt the evidence...

Dennis
08-06-2017, 08:22 PM
Try melting this, kept as a warning to be more careful:

CJ57
08-06-2017, 09:02 PM
Hi Anna, welcome
I don't call it my box of shame but my serendipity box. I often find a use for bits and pieces out of there. My oldest was a cut out from my degree show in 1979 which went into a pendant a few years back and sold :)

Anna
08-06-2017, 11:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome and encouragement. I like the idea of transforming my box of shame into a box of serendipity. Though I have to admit, every mistake has been a "learning opportunity" - and yes, I have learned an awful lot! :dance: