PDA

View Full Version : Drilling Sea Glass and Sea Ceramics

Dee_000
31-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Hi

I'm new to this process, so I'm still researching. My question is: what drill bits do you recommend for drilling sea glass in particular. Not expensive ones as no doubt I will go through them quickly whilst learning. URL links to sales sites would be great, if that is allowed. I have just bought a Dremel 3000 and I am waiting for a Multi Chuck as the one bit I was recommended by Cooksongold falls out of the drill with the current attachment :dance:

Thank you

Dennis
31-05-2017, 02:24 PM
Here is some information to be going on with.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=how+to+make+sea+glass+jewellery&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=S9AuWaHBF-vW8gel1p_wDg

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7237&highlight=sea+glass Dennis

Dee_000
31-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you Dennis

Patstone
31-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Hi Dennis, glad you are still around, nice to see a friendly face.

Dennis
31-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Hi Dennis, glad you are still around, nice to see a friendly face.

Haha ditto. welcome back Pat.

pearlescence
01-06-2017, 07:53 AM
You'll need a diamond drill bit - easy enough to find on amazon or ebay. Drill with the glass under water and resting on a piece of wood for the bit to go into when you go through

Dee_000
01-06-2017, 01:27 PM
You'll need a diamond drill bit - easy enough to find on amazon or ebay. Drill with the glass under water and resting on a piece of wood for the bit to go into when you go through

Thanks (again). I have everything set to try my first effort (live YouTube!!) as soon as my multi chuck arrives. Are there any particular sites/companies/sellers that do good quality but reasonably priced diamond drill bits? The one I have was about £12 so I don't want to break it first time of trying

pearlescence
01-06-2017, 03:24 PM
just have a poke around on ebay or amazon - or try alibaba.com and buy direct from China (much cheaper as you are cutting out several stages of middlemen)

Dee_000
01-06-2017, 07:20 PM
just have a poke around on ebay or amazon - or try alibaba.com and buy direct from China (much cheaper as you are cutting out several stages of middlemen)

Thank you :)

Sandra
04-06-2017, 03:42 PM
Hi just thought I'd ask how did your seaglass drilling go? It's something I want to try when I get a chance as I have bags of seaglass stored away. Do you hold on to the seaglass with your hand or do you use something else to hold it in place?