PDA

View Full Version : head ache

Emerald
15-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi, do you do a head pin in 0.8 with either a flat bottom or ball i keep ordering the wrong thing and i am getting totally peed off with myself scuse language i have just bought the headpin with a loop, thanks oh and there was suppossed to be a free catalogue in my parcel as i spent x amount and its not there?

mizgeorge
15-09-2009, 11:31 AM
have you tried NVN 118X or NVN 115X (good grief they're expensive - I'll stick to making my own!)

My new cook book came under separate cover if it's any help!

Di Sandland
15-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Likewise with the catalogue but I think I forgot to tick the box :(

Solunar Silver Studio
15-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes - my Cook Book came in a seperate post - so don't have a go at them yet....!!!...and it is a whopper!!

Emerald
15-09-2009, 11:38 AM
have you tried NVN 118X or NVN 115X (good grief they're expensive - I'll stick to making my own!)

My new cook book came under separate cover if it's any help!

hi thanks but they are both 0.6 and they are just to thin i ordered them for speed more than anything so i dident have to harden them but i will go and ball up the ones i have bought and stick em in the tumbler.

i will not shout to loud about my book then if it comes seperatley lol

ahunter
15-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Emerald, your catalogue was despatched today, from our catalogue warehouse, and will be with you within 2-5 days.

Regards

Adam Hunter

Hi, do you do a head pin in 0.8 with either a flat bottom or ball i keep ordering the wrong thing and i am getting totally peed off with myself scuse language i have just bought the headpin with a loop, thanks oh and there was suppossed to be a free catalogue in my parcel as i spent x amount and its not there?

Boo
15-09-2009, 11:46 AM
You can stiffen up headpins a treat by twisting them. I just grab behind the ball with some pliers and usually put the wire end in a hand held pin vice and twist a few times and it makes a significant difference. I think you'd need to tumble for some time to get the same stiffness.

If you're in a hurry and have a lot it might be too hands on and time-consuming, but I do batches (largely copper) and it's one of those little things I can do while waiting for a pan to boil or hanging on the phone.

Rob Taylor
15-09-2009, 12:02 PM
How about
Pack Of 20*** Silver Head Pin 70mm With 1 1 Bead End ** Length May Vary By 5mm ** - Cooksongold.com (http://www.cooksongold.com/product_detail.jsp?prod_search=nvn119x)

At £6 per pack that's just 30p each!

Head pin is 75mm long with one 2mm bead at one end of the pin.
pin thickness: 0.8mm

Rob

Emerald
15-09-2009, 12:13 PM
You can stiffen up headpins a treat by twisting them. I just grab behind the ball with some pliers and usually put the wire end in a hand held pin vice and twist a few times and it makes a significant difference. I think you'd need to tumble for some time to get the same stiffness.

If you're in a hurry and have a lot it might be too hands on and time-consuming, but I do batches (largely copper) and it's one of those little things I can do while waiting for a pan to boil or hanging on the phone.

thanks boo will do that usually burnish or give them a light tap x

Emerald
15-09-2009, 12:17 PM
How about
Pack Of 20*** Silver Head Pin 70mm With 1 1 Bead End ** Length May Vary By 5mm ** - Cooksongold.com (http://www.cooksongold.com/product_detail.jsp?prod_search=nvn119x)

At £6 per pack that's just 30p each!

Head pin is 75mm long with one 2mm bead at one end of the pin.
pin thickness: 0.8mm

Rob

Thanks Rob but there are 2.5cm of waste there when i clicked on the picture of the itmes that i bought it showed a pin with a round end i missed the bit where it said round loop in the description.

One thing i did get right though the Radial Bristle Disc kit, those are excellent got into all my granulation fab thanks and thanks for the once again very quick delivery:Y:

Emerald
18-09-2009, 01:07 PM
thank you my catalogue arrived late yesterday, some light reading for bedtime lol:)

Petal
18-09-2009, 03:09 PM
OMG, with the weight of the Cook Book, it would keep you stuck in bed all day!!! :-D

Jules x

Emerald
18-09-2009, 03:47 PM
OMG, with the weight of the Cook Book, it would keep you stuck in bed all day!!! :-D

Jules x

lol Jules well i can always hit the OH with it*-:)