PDA

View Full Version : need help on importing raw Emerald

Petesake
28-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Hi while visiting india i came across some
Sellers of raw emerald rock which according to dealer
Contained other rock but cant remember which ones
He insisted it could contain diamond also
As i had no idea about rocks gems i did not purchase or had the 10 k dollars he wanted
I would like to know if you can bring such item in raw form into the u.k legally

And is such item can contain other rock or gem

Thanks

Dennis
28-04-2017, 09:04 PM
You would need to have paperwork to show that it was purchased legally and pay a handling charge and duty on receipt. Of course if no expert, you could be buying a pup, ha ha. Dennis.

Snorkmaiden
28-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Hi Petesake,

I would say it was geologically very unusual to get emerald and diamond in the same rock specimens.

I would also suspect that it would be cheaper to process them in India and import the finished stones.

china
29-04-2017, 04:58 AM
As said above sounds like a good way to give away 10k

pearlescence
29-04-2017, 09:39 AM
You would have to either find and hire a handling agent to handle the import for you, pay him and the duty and VAT (20%) or import it yourself via the red channel and have the paperwork ready for HMRC (and, believe me, the forms are incomprehensible, I do this twice a year) and pay the duty and VAT before being allowed to enter the country with your items or they will be seized

While I know nothing about rocks in Inida this sounds remarkably similar to the speil from gold south sea pearl seller in Greenhills, in the phillipines (they aren't, they are always, always, chinese freshwaters)
If something is too good to be true it usually is and they saw you coming

gemexport
15-05-2017, 06:58 AM
I have emerald available for sale from Liberia and will ship through EMS speed post

J Allison
15-05-2017, 03:05 PM
probably Emerald in Matrix which is usually Qurtz , mica base