PDA

View Full Version : Etching

amberdragon
15-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone, I thought I'd share this article I found on the Art Jewelery web site as I think it sounds like an excellent way to etch without going to all the risk of using nitric acid. Essential when one has three friendly puss-cats like me who insist of coming into my studio (spare bedroom) to say hello regularly. I shall be trying it as soon as I can get the ingredients (currently an exceptionally impoverished student, waiting for the next installment of loan and grant). I can't wait to try it out, but if anyone else has let me know how you got on.

link: Art Jewelry Magazine - Free Metals Project: D Battery + Saltwater = Cheap, Acid-Free Etching (http://www.artjewelrymag.com/art/Default.aspx?c=a&id=1219)

It may be you have to create an account to access it, let me know if you have problems though and I'll see what I can do.
[[]]

mizgeorge
15-09-2009, 09:54 AM
A friend of mine uses this technique for making brass templates to use in a rolling mill as well with beautiful results.

MuranoSilver
15-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Great Article! You need to register to read it but it's FREE to register and there's loads of fab content :D
Nic x

bustagasket
15-09-2009, 10:47 AM
very nice article - thank you :D