PDA

View Full Version : Destash of gemstones

Jamie Jack
27-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Hello to you guys.

I'm currently going through my mothers collection of gemstones as she has stopped making and wants me to sell.

She has been collecting higher end strands for numerous years now and has a lot to part with.

I was wondering if anyone knows the beat place to do this?

She has Tanzanite, Aquamarines Kyanite, Sapphire, Emerald and Opals plus more.

I am going to try and take some photos once I know what I am doing with them.

Any help would be brilliant.

J

metalsmith
28-03-2017, 06:30 AM
Well you could try here, ebay or catawiki

Those are the three that jump to mind. Add gemrockauctions.com

Jamie Jack
28-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Thanks. I wasn't sure if I could actually list on here.

I'll give it a go :)

trialuser
28-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Well you could try here, ebay or catawiki

Those are the three that jump to mind. Add gemrockauctions.com

Oh dear, now you've done it!
I'd never heard of catawiki, I already spend a small fortune on junk from ebay I don't really need. :)

metalsmith
28-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Oh dear, now you've done it!
I'd never heard of catawiki, I already spend a small fortune on junk from ebay I don't really need. :)

LOL I have made a purchase from there and there were no issues. As with all buying of stones you need to keep your wits about you and grade clarity (some pieces are certified - others you have to grade yourself)

Don't buy junk, be selective; there is good and bad or should I say decent and better to be had on all the platforms listed. With the occasional possible innocent mistake or mislead (alleged) thrown in to keep buyers on their toes.

I almost 'watched' the grey lapis lazuli last week just for kicks. Someone had already put a bid on it. I have some similar, when I've cut the lapis off it, perhaps a more accurate title could be Pyritised Himalayan Marble !? Lapis is blue.