PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

mizgeorge
14-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Any chance that Cooksons might consider including Paypal as a payment option?

I can't be alone in having a lot of my own payments coming in this way, and it would be great to be able to use this directly for buying raw materials (as I can with most of my other suppliers).

Di Sandland
14-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me - that would ostensibly turn paypal into a business account, with all incomings and outgoings in hte same place.

amazingbabe
14-09-2009, 10:51 AM
That is one great idea george, xxxx:)

kymbi
14-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Great idea George!

I find it so much easier to shop with suppliers that offer Paypal as I don't have to go and find the credit card to complete the checkout pages.

lorraineflee
14-09-2009, 11:15 AM
What a good idea - makes life a lot easier! Come on Cooksons!!

Lorraine

apike
14-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Good afternoon all,

Paypal is something we're currently investigating and I expect may well be set up sometime next year but I wouldn't like to speculate at when exactly as there are lots of processes to cover internally.

Adam

mizgeorge
14-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Adam - it would make life a lot easier for quite a few of us I suspect :)

lesley
14-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Paypal is great but I have to say I find Cooksons one of the easiest and quickest sites to make a payment. I use the same credit card every time so just have to put in the 3 digit number....and that's it.
Some sites make you put in all your details every time which is a pain.

caroleallen
14-09-2009, 04:26 PM
As long as they don't make it only Paypal. I use a Tesco credit card for all my business expenses which gives me loads of points that I use on a holiday each year. Next year we're going on a Caribbean cruise courtesy of Tesco's.

Boo
14-09-2009, 04:37 PM
As a compromise arrangement, you could always consider a PayPal Top Up card - I have one and transfer from my PayPal balance to it (those of you that sell on Etsy etc. must remember to convert dollars to Sterling first) and that dosh is available on the card after about 24 hours and then it works just like a Visa card - I can use PayPal received funds anywhere that takes Visa cards. So mine works like a business debit card. It costs a fiver a year to have it, but digital transactions don't cost anything, but cash withdrawals are 2 quid I think - there's a tariff on the site.

I just paid for my last Cookson order with it and paid my jewellery business insurance premium over the phone with it this morning. It works ideally for me.

ben b
04-11-2009, 12:37 PM
As long as they don't make it only Paypal. I use a Tesco credit card for all my business expenses which gives me loads of points that I use on a holiday each year. Next year we're going on a Caribbean cruise courtesy of Tesco's.

In effect, your paying by credit cards for business goods, and putting that amount through the books, then the card company is giving you 'kickbacks' in the form of cash or goods.

If you enter the total amount of the payment in your accounts, you need to enter the cash value of these cruises, as income too. lol.

Mila Jewellery
06-11-2009, 11:45 PM
As a compromise arrangement, you could always consider a PayPal Top Up card - I have one and transfer from my PayPal balance to it (those of you that sell on Etsy etc. must remember to convert dollars to Sterling first) and that dosh is available on the card after about 24 hours and then it works just like a Visa card - I can use PayPal received funds anywhere that takes Visa cards. So mine works like a business debit card. It costs a fiver a year to have it, but digital transactions don't cost anything, but cash withdrawals are 2 quid I think - there's a tariff on the site.

I just paid for my last Cookson order with it and paid my jewellery business insurance premium over the phone with it this morning. It works ideally for me.

I also have a Paypal Top up card and it works very well for me - might be good as a stop gap until Cooksons get something up and running ;)

Boo
07-11-2009, 07:32 AM
As an addendum to my earlier comments, I've since found a couple of places that haven't taken it - I think perhaps because it doesn't have a start date on it and I was asked for it on those occasions.

But I have used it successfully most places. I've paid for food shopping at Aldi, tools in B&Q and various on-line orders for supplies. I've even taken cash out and paid my 2 quid for it - it's well worth £2 to me to do so as I can get cash in my hand from on-line sales in just over 24 hours instead of waiting for a week for PayPal to transfer it to a bank account - a process that I've had fail twice, leaving me in an expensive and inconvenient hole.

WitchfordSilver
07-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't mind pay pal, but currently I don't find the current method a problem only 3 digits.

No one does free processing,so someone will end up paying for it and in the end it will be us.

lynnm
21-01-2010, 09:16 AM
there needn't be lots of set up stuff... all Cooksons need to do is get an account and the buyer can transfer the monies to the associated email account, for personal reasons Paypal is the best for me to be truthful and I don't want to have anything that makes it easier for me to spend money so don't want to get a paypal card! ;)

Boo
21-01-2010, 09:51 AM
The PayPal card is purely a debit card to your PayPal balance - more like a pre-payment card. It's not a credit card that might entice you to get into debt - you can only spend what was in your PayPal account anyway - which you transfer to it and it's available about 24 hours later.

It just means you can spend your PayPal funds in places that don't already accept it - like supermarkets - and get at it faster than transferring it to a bank account. In the past, if I wanted to use money received into PayPal as cash or for food shopping, I'd have to transfer it to the bank first - which took at least a week - this way takes a day or so and if you want to take cash out it costs £2 - sometimes time is of the essence and the £2 well worth it.

mizgeorge
10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
18 months on, and I'm going to bump this. So we have a shiny new website (and a very slow forum) but still no paypal option?

abyjem
16-05-2011, 07:26 PM
I'd very much like to have the option of paying by paypal too.

maram
05-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Me too. Yet again stuck with money in paypal account and having to wait for it to transfer before buying supplies. Ggggggrrrrrrr!

Lou
22-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Is Paypal ever coming??

mizgeorge
22-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Well...

Slightly less than six years on

Thank you Cooksons !!!

The cynic in me suspects that the apparent mission to become hobbycraft may have more to do with the decision to finally accept paypal than any desire to help loyal and long term trade customers, but it's nonetheless a very welcome step forward - probably the only good change in quite some time.