PDA

View Full Version : princess and the setting

Wallace
31-01-2017, 07:52 PM
Hellloooo,

it has been a while, so I thought I would share something relatively rare for me. I find these settings difficult and the air is oft filled with uncommon curses!

But, I have a potential commission and it seemed a shame to say no, when all I need is to brush up my skills. This is my first one in 8 years. Still some things that need sorting with it, but overall it was actually more fun to do than not. :)

I used a 1.5mm thick scrap piece and a 2.5mm princess sapphire (the same stone requested for the potential commission) Even if my price is too high and I don't get it, I have had such a good experience, I may do more!!

9849 - uploaded a larger version - I think the other glitched

enigma
31-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Wow! well done! I wouldn't know where to begin with that !

Wallace
31-01-2017, 08:09 PM
thanks Sarah :D xx

work out placing, mark, drill a hole, use piercing saw (pray a lot to the goddess of Stone settings) get the flat and spitstick out, bur the corners, burnish into the stone carefully with hammer action drill. Tidy up setting, use flat on the edges to tidy up. Polish, then texture... and thank the Goddess of stone setting ;) xx lol

Wow! well done! I wouldn't know where to begin with that !

Dennis
31-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Yes square settings are soo demanding, but you're off and away Wallace. Dennis.

josef1
31-01-2017, 10:57 PM
nice job looks great

enigma
01-02-2017, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the tips Wallace! I actually have a 2.5mm princess diamond Ive had for ages, I may have to have a go at some point as I really like the effect.

LydiaNiz
01-02-2017, 07:16 AM
Beaut job Wallace!

Wallace
01-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Yes square settings are soo demanding, but you're off and away Wallace. Dennis. thanks Dennis, I may just have to try another one or two

nice job looks great. Many thanks Josef

Thanks for the tips Wallace! I actually have a 2.5mm princess diamond Ive had for ages, I may have to have a go at some point as I really like the effect.. Hope it turns out well :).

Beaut job Wallace! cheers lovely :)

Kay S
01-02-2017, 08:10 PM
OOo that looks so difficult to do! very lovely though!

Nick martin
01-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Nice work... looks great ;)

Nick

Wallace
02-02-2017, 10:00 AM
OOo that looks so difficult to do! very lovely though! it was a little difficult, but only because I don't do them often. Many thanks

Nice work... looks great ;)

Nick many thanks Nick :D