PDA

View Full Version : Should I get it hallmarked?

Nazar
25-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Hi All

I'm a relatively new maker and am trying to build up a collection of work with a view to selling online and at craft markets. Many of my pieces shall require hallmarking but I also have rings and other small items that fall below the weight threshold for silver.

I was wondering what the general consensus is on the value of having smaller items hallmarked, even if not legally required. Is the cost worth the extra cachet to the customer?

Thanks for any input
Nazar

Dennis
25-01-2017, 01:58 PM
Well the costs are not that high if you include them in a multiple packet, but you need to pass them on.
In the eyes of many UK purchasers hallmarks are reassuring and add value. Dennis.

CJ57
25-01-2017, 02:20 PM
I tend to add them to a package that's going for assay anyway, I rarely don't have underweight pieces marked. I wouldn't send them in on their own like any other pieces or you'll end up with the minimum charge though

LydiaNiz
25-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Same as others have said here. If I have a packet going anyway, I always add smaller pieces.

Nazar
26-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Thanks to you all for your helpful replies. Seems like including them is the way to go.