PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the west Midlands

hal2
23-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone.

I've been lurking here for quite a while, it's amazing how much information there is here & on the web.

I've been stringing, wire working, & (sheet) pewtering for a couple of years - but when a bead shop that I had popped into turned out to be running a silver smithing day workshop, I could fight the urge no longer.... but I came away with a wearable piece (so long as nobody looks at it too closely). Yup, I'm hooked.

Since then, the ultrasonic cleaner has livened up my existing silver jewellery; the pickle jar (aka the crock pot not used in in over a year) pickled the 2nd piece made in the workshop; and the barrel roller is busily cleaning the shot.
The saw, blades, silver & copper await me figuring out where to fit a workbench as opposed to a table top.

The soldering kit is due next week. (please imagine an icon for abject terror)

At which point I have far more questions than answers than I find on tinternet, so I'm hoping the kind folks here can help a little. I promise to try not to inundate you all.

Best wishes, Hal

Dennis
23-01-2017, 07:44 PM
That's alright Hall, answering questions is what we try to do here. Best not spend too much time buying things and setting up or you can make costly mistakes. Start on a project and be led by what you need for it. Dennis.

CJ57
23-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Hi Hal welcome to the forum and what Dennis said :)

hal2
26-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Many thanks for reading & replying. On the whole I buy stuff as I work out what I need - though the Dremel unused for 2 years shows I dont' always stick to that..... but it's going to be used this afternoon for sanding / polishing :)

Thanks, Hal

Jamiejack
06-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Hello, looking forward to seeing some makes :)

Tabby66
08-04-2017, 09:44 PM
Welcome Hal!!
I'm not far from you, I got hooked many years ago!! Look forwards to seeing some of your work and hopefully helping with a few questions ;)