PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Wonka
15-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Hello, I joined a while ago but never introduced myself.
I have,albeit very slowly,set myself up a workshop to create my own work.
I completed a C/Guilds course at night school a few years ago,but a house move and various other injuries and obstacles have slowed me down a bit,but I'm going to get there eventually!
I work in the construction industry full time,but my plan is to build up a collection in my 'spare' time and take it from there.
I have already got plenty of excellent tips from the forum,so thank you very much

-Sally-
16-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Wonka - I did exactly the same thing - lurked for a couple of years before introducing myself :)
Sally

Wonka
17-12-2016, 11:04 AM
Cheers for the welcome Sally :~:
A new year is approaching fast,so I decided that I'd do my best to make sure I give it everything this coming year to make it happen.
I seem to only get the chance to push ahead with my grand plan when I'm off work with an injury and have some time on my hands..slipped disc in neck this time,which is a pain in two ways,as I'd brought all the material to make Christmas presents and can't even look down at the moment!Hey ho,''tis what it is!. :N:
Merry Christmas :)

CJ57
17-12-2016, 01:09 PM
Hi Wonka (which has just auto corrected as wonky)! Welcome
You've chosen an awful time to introduce yourself, everyone will be heads down at the bench finishing Xmas orders or comatose having done so. No doubt they will catch up with you

-Sally-
17-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Ouch - that sounds very painful.
You could always try using a really low chair...!
Sally

Wonka
22-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Thanks Caroline
I was looking forward to being busy with some projects myself #-oOh well,cheers for the welcome :~:

It is painful Sally,but it is improving slightly,I'm not stuck lying down all day now and I had some steroid injections into my neck yesterday,just waiting to see if they work. Still can't look down very well.
At least as Christmas is here, there's a bit more to watch on the telly :D

metalsmith
27-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Hi Wonka

some similar problems here. I tend to stand a lot and also hold things up whenever possible... but it isn't always.

Welcome to the forum