PDA

View Full Version : Why?

trialuser
12-09-2016, 03:34 PM
is cookson beaded sterling wire 0ver £2600 / Kg (Product Code: NVZ 001 ).
I realise you can ask whatever you like for whatever you like, but it seems well OTT.
It's around a quarter of that price from Rio, and I'm fairly sure even doing a legit import and paying carriage, vat and any duty it would still be a huge saving.
Does anyone know anywhere else it's available at a sensible price? I've had it from Bellore in the past but I seem to remember it wasn't cheap there either.
Thanks.

Faith
12-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Lol I assumed the beads must be hand soldered together one at a time by a team of elves under Vittoria Street when I saw how much it was ;) pretty tho - thanks for the Rio tip, I occasionally do get hard to find bits from them.

Fraid I don't know anywhere else that carries it tho - I've only bought it from Cookson and then used sparingly!

Faith

CJ57
12-09-2016, 04:21 PM
I've looked at a couple of other places and even Kernocraft want 45p per cm

Dennis
12-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Bellore Rashbel have a range of beaded gallery wire, you might look there too: http://www.rashbel.co.uk/silver/silver-935-gallery-wire. Dennis.

metalsmith
12-09-2016, 06:37 PM
is cookson beaded sterling wire 0ver £2600 / Kg (Product Code: NVZ 001 ).
I realise you can ask whatever you like for whatever you like, but it seems well OTT.
It's around a quarter of that price from Rio, and I'm fairly sure even doing a legit import and paying carriage, vat and any duty it would still be a huge saving.
Does anyone know anywhere else it's available at a sensible price? I've had it from Bellore in the past but I seem to remember it wasn't cheap there either.
Thanks.

Dunno, but some quick maths told me an 18k wedding ring was £111,000 /kg. No, there are no typo extra digits in there!

trialuser
12-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Nice work if you can get it :-)
I'll investigate Rashbel again - cheers.