PDA

View Full Version : where can i buy silver foxtail chain ?

tm*
12-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Hi
was wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy 2mm and 3mm silver foxtail chain
I see it a some from sellers as finished chains but I want to buy it loose .
Bellore have a small amount of 3mm but they said its old school and aren't getting it any more.
Fischer sell it but seems very expensive compared to the finished chains I am seeing so am
hoping there is another supplier someone knows of .
If anyone from cooksons looks at this can you tell me why you dont stock it ?

thanks

CJ57
12-09-2016, 11:54 AM
Have you tried Curteis, they usually have every kind?

Dennis
12-09-2016, 12:33 PM
I was very fond of foxtail chain, as a neutral accompaniment to my pendants, but when I tried to re-stock, none of the usual suppliers had any.

You might like to look at Prince of Wales pattern rope from Cookson which I am now using as a near substitute. http://www.cooksongold.com/category_select.jsp?query=prince+of+wales+rope+cha in Dennis

tm*
12-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Thanks caroline . Ive had a quick look and couldnt see any foxtail but will have a better look, sometimes they call it different names ?

Thanks dennis the p of w is a bit too open for what i am needing ( fussy ) . I am baffled why the foxtail is not easily available at the moment .
I wondered if its the chain used buy "troll beads" they sell for a fortune and wondered if they are monopolising all the supplies .
It is one of my favourites so am very unhappy

CJ57
12-09-2016, 04:05 PM
I've done a search and I'm only finding it at Rio Grande and other US outlets. I'd give Curteis a call, I had the rep at the house a couple of years ago and there didn't look as if there was anything he didn't have. It's not one I've used but it is a bonnie one

tm*
14-09-2016, 05:27 PM
thanks Caroline might be an idea to phone even if they can point me in the right direction