PDA

View Full Version : Scarey Moments in History

geti-titanium
10-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Not general history though, just mine.

I think one of my all time scariest moments was whilst taking Oskar for his daily walkabout round the Birmingham Jewellery Quarter. Oskar is my dog – not the friendliest Doberman in the world, especially towards other dogs and motorbikes, so imagine my horror at turning a corner and seeing three Rottweilers walking along the road on the opposite side, off their leads and free to run at anything they wanted to – which they did, me and Oskar.

Oskar was only just out of puppyhood at the time and wanted to take on the world, or in this case, three out of control Rottweilers. Now the sight of three snarling, barking monsters running towards you would, as you can probably imagine, send a little bit of a chill down the spine. What was I supposed to do – run away? It seemed like the sensible thing to do but Oskar was having none of it, oh no siree, he wanted to stay and fight, bless his little cold, wet nose. This sort of meant I was commited as well, so I waited for the inevitable blood bath to follow.

Luckily, the dogs owner managed to call them back within ten feet of us, just before I had to leap into action, kicking and screaming (mainly screaming though!). I don’t really know what would have happened if they had ignored the owner, but it all ended safely with neither me nor Oskar falling victim to the strict £1,000 on the spot Jewellery Quarter anti fouling laws, although in my case I think that was due more to a rather efficient watertight trouser membrane than luck!

caroleallen
10-09-2009, 10:57 PM
OMG I shall have nightmares now :(

agent_44
11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Whoa, that would scare me!

I heard an awfully sad story a few days back, a friend of mine saw two dogs who had been let of their leads during walks in the field by his work, get in to a fight. One of the owners stpped in and literally kicked the other dog to death! Apparently this dogs owner was quite vertically challenged and the other guy was built like a brick s*** house, so he couldn't do much. Apparently the police were called but I'm horrified and disgusted at this, I really think people shouldn't be allowed to keep animals so easily!

Also on a lighter note, I have always been nervous around big dogs, my mum tells me a very friendly Alsation jumped in my pushchair when I was a toddler, which I have no recollection of, but apparently was terrified. Babysitting my friend's 10 month old recently, they have a rescue greyhound who loves fuss and cuddles, he kept jumping up on top of me sticking his nose in my face. The more I petted him the more in my face he god and the more nervous I became! I ended up being a bit mean and ignoring him, paranoid if I kept petting him he woudl smell my fear and get growly!